30

Heiran stepped outside her apartment complex and stretched her arms to the sky, inhaling the scent of the city. The air was humid and the sky was painted in brilliant vermillion strokes. The sun was slowly setting, awakening the nightlife. The weather was still thankfully warm.

Just as promised, a white sedan rolled to a stop before her right on time. The window rolled down and a cheery smile lightened up on Jungkook's face inside the car. Heiran took a moment to assess his face. It was evident the man had put great effort into his outfit. His hair was no longer long but trimmed to perfection and styled to spotlight his slick undercut. He wore a white button-up paired with a black turtleneck that accentuated his too-well-defined chest. His naturally sharp and handsome features only made it too easy for him to be mistaken for a celebrity. It had been a while since she had last seen Jungkook dress up to his full potential and she could only wish he would keep at it. It was a crime to look that good and not take advantage of it. She didn't mind seeing this handsome visage every single day. Unexpectedly, she found herself questioning how she ever managed to pull a guy like him.

But that was stupid.

Heiran could pull any man if she tried hard enough.

"Now, if you're done checking me out, shall we roll?"

That was Jungkook by the way. She shook her head, not deeming that comment worthy of a reply, as she walked around the car and hopped inside. Instantly she was hit by the scent of something sugary sweet. Jungkook reached towards the backseat to produce a red bouquet of flowers, stuffed with chrysanthemums and carnations. "I picked this up on the way."

It really was flattering to see him clean up so well and get his life together within twenty-four hours just because Heiran asked him to convince her that he could do better. She gracefully accepted the flowers with an approving nod. "Good work. I give five points for effort."

He grinned as he raised a paper bag that smelled suspiciously good. "I also picked up some donuts."

She raised her eyebrows, impressed. She might have underestimated him. Jungkook was putting a lot of effort into this. "Good work. Food is always the right answer. Ten points for creativity."

"Thank you," he replied graciously as he handed over the donuts. However, when Heiran reached for them, he pulled it back and took advantage of the opportunity to place a quick peck on her lips. She gasped, startled and he enquired. "How many points do I get for that?"

The man was outrageously crafty. She narrowed her eyes, pretending that her heart wasn't racing like a maniac. "That's cheating."

"Aren't you saying that only because it's working?" He countered smoothly, restarting the engine with a Cheshire grin.

Heiran changed the subject. "We should get moving."

With a self-satisfied chuckle, Jungkook stepped down on the gas. Heiran didn't believe for a second that it was the last of his tricks for the night.

* * *

"And then Minseo was like 'he's got a girlfriend' but Eunsoo didn't believe her. So she thought it was okay to hit on Yoongi."

"Oh no."

"I know, right? Oh. Em. Gee. The drama that happened all because of it was insane. Minseo got super mad at Eunsoo and she was like 'You asked me how I know if he has a girlfriend?' And Bam!! Plot twist! 'That's because I'm his girlfriend.' Poor Eunsoo was so shocked."

"Oooh." Jungkook reacted, intrigued at all the tea Heiran was spilling from the time of his absence. She had been recounting the office drama about the Min-Min couple for the past two hours of their trip to Seoul.