I'M JUST A SURROGATE, NOTHING MORE.

{For this part, listen to Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi}

Alessia laid on her bed, weeping in Said's embrace all night long. She felt broken, torn, abandoned and dejected. This man is her mate, someone she had always longed for. She had thought that he meant everything he said to her before she had moved in with him. She was happy to live with her mate although it was scary leaving everything she loved, cherished and had known at home, she was still happy. But now, he just told her that he would be getting married to another woman. How could she ever live with seeing another woman stand beside her mate? How could she live with the fact that she wasn't good enough and would never be? Did she ever offend Selene to be given such cruel fate? She has seen humans falling into a depressed state after breakup, she has heard them describe the pain of breaking up with someone they loved especially if they didn't want to. They didn't even breakup, but what she was feeling was worse than what those humans describe mostly because of the bond. The tears streamed down her face as she cried uncontrollably, her sorrow echoing through the night. The weight of her emotions carrying on until the first rays of sunlight peeked through the window.

As the first ray of sunlight peeked through her window, Alessia became aware that she had been crying all night, and she realized that she had unintentionally kept her younger brother awake the whole time. She felt really sorry for him. She desperately tried to hold back the streaming tears and succeeded. With the back of her palm, she wiped away the tears on her face. She then looked up at Said's tired and sleepy face, her voice was filled with genuine remorse and guilt as she said, "Oh, Said, I'm so sorry for keeping you up all night." It was a poignant moment of vulnerability and regret, where Alessia realized the impact of her emotions on her brother. Said looked down at his sister with worry written over his face he replied "Don't worry about me Alex, I'm fine. You're supposed to be worrying about yourself. How are you feeling?" He asked her. "Light" she responded absentmindedly, "But I'll be fine. You need to go home before mom starts looking for you and don't tell her about this." She said seriously. "I won't tell her." He promised and with that he left. She stayed in bed feeling really lazy and weak to stand up. She slept and woke at noon. She was really hungry and needed to take her bath but she was feeling too heartbroken to do anything. "Why should he be able to go about with his daily activities and I don't? Nope, Alessia you need to put your shit together, you can't always act pitiful. You'll take your bath, get dressed, go down, prepare your meal, eat and head to the garden." She said to herself.

Meanwhile, Dylan couldn't sleep throughout the night because of Alessia. Apparently, he could feel her grief and pain through the mate bond. He needed to rest badly because his schedule the next morning was really tough, but he couldn't. Realizing that it was daybreak already, he got off his bed, took his bath, dressed and left. On his way out, he wanted to check on Alessia, she actually stayed up all night crying because of him. But he changed his mind and left. Through out the day he wasn't himself and Diane noticed it immediately. She waited for the perfect time to speak with him. So Dylan was to meet with the alpha Blue Moon pack Seth Reece for reasons unknown to her. He was currently discussing with his beta Adrian. When Adrian left, she walked it. "Alright, spill it." She said. Dylan looked at her and replied "there is nothing serious to spill." "But there is something to spill right? So spill it." She said. Dylan sighed and looked out his office window "I told Alessia last night that she wasn't my Luna because she isn't fit to be my Luna and I'll have to perform my duty as an alpha to the pack by providing them a powerful Luna, so I'll be marrying someone else. And I couldn't sleep all night because I could feel it through the bond that she was grieving all night." He said. He wasn't a long talker but with Diane, he had no choice. "You're kidding right?" Diane asked shocked with what she was hearing. "I don't have a choice." He responded. "Do you? Do you really not have a choice?" She asked him fuming with anger. She walked out of the office slamming the door. 'I need to go home' she said to herself and with that, she was on her way home.