Chapter 8 - The Brain Waves

-ZEPHRILIA'S POV-

Elias left the house about twenty minutes ago but, Matthew and I didn't move a muscle in that small, cramped, and dusty room. I had my mouth covered with the palm of my hand and Matthew had moved himself to the corner with his knees propped up and his head hanging low. It was dead silent, our breath barely even to be heard. "I'm scared." Matthew whispered, giving me a startled jump with the silence to his soft whisper.

"I am too." I whisper as well. I hear him choke out a couple sobs before bringing his hand to cover his mouth. He then took a few minutes of quiet, muffled crying before hiding his face away in the corner once more. I take a couple moments of taking my hands away from my face and inspecting the amount of bruises and wounds I gained on them from the last couple of days, "I think we can go out now."

I see him bring his face out of the corner, his eyes bloodshot and his face reddened from the amount of silent crying I hadn't even noticed in the last couple minutes. I slide the small three foot door back open, the opening showing a slight view of the living room. I shove my body through, bringing myself out with the slight shaky help of Matthew. We both are now out, a silence playing through the air in an uncomfortable settle. "I'll go check if his car is still here." I whisper, letting him stand there in an almost depressed trance.

I walk over to where the window in the trashed kitchen is, seeing that Mark's sedan is still here but whatever car Elias used is not in sight. "Is he gone?" Matthew asks, walking over next to me and planting his hands on the counter. I nod, looking over to him; he looks back at me his eyelashes still wet with tears yet he gives me a small smile. I give a slight smile as well, the adrenaline from Elias's coming dying down.

"You okay?" I inquire, taking my eyes back over to the fields outside. I here him give a small sigh before bringing his elbows to lean against the counter and his head to rest on the palms of his hands.

"I guess." He answers, "Do you think there's any food in the car?"

"We'd have to check. Do you wanna look?" I ask. He gives a slight nod before grabbing my hand. I give a slight surprised feeling in my chest to the action, but guess to go with it. He brings me through the doorway, taking me down the deck and to the vehicle sitting in the rough dirt and dead grass. The front door opens, multiple loads of trash and littered items scanning in the cars floorboards. I sit myself into the front seat, meeting myself with the smell of rotting food. Matthew brings himself next to me, the smell obviously affecting him atrociously.

"Oh, god." He says before plugging his nose with his thumb and index finger. He chuckles, a smile spread on his face, "It's horrid in here." He picks up a small McDonalds bag, pulling out an unopened but moldy chicken sandwich before dropping it back in the bag.  I smile, opening up the center console. There was stuff loads of papers, each having the same name written at the top: Dreward Samuel Garner.

"Oh, shit." My hands freeze as soon as I open the center console, examine the papers shoved inside. Matthew seems confused, taking a look at the stack inside.

"What's wrong?" He inquires. I look up at him, shock flowing through my veins. I bring my hand up to cover my mouth before grabbing the papers. Each paper had at the top the same name.

"Its.. It's my dad's name on every single one of these. They're contracts." I shakily say, taking a look at the first one on the stack.

----

        DREWARD SAMUEL GARNER - CONTRACT FOR DEALINGS UNDER COURT OF CONTRACT

Mr. Garner, otherwise known as the fulfiller in the contracts from 2014 to 2018 hereby gives task 'ANDREW MARPHINO' to be taken to be done with. If the answerer 'ELIAS NATHAN' does not comply with said duties, life otherwise will be dealt with. If answerer 'ELIAS NATHAN' attempts or completes the contact of court of law or any said official law enforcement, he/she will be dealt with accordingly. If said answerer leaves, runs, or leaves contact, the life of each family member and own answerer's life shall be dealt with accordingly. 'ELIAS NATHAN' understands that he will fulfill his duties until 'DECEMBER 31, 2018'. 'ELIAS NATHAN' understands if he completes and fulfills every duty 'DREWARD SAMUEL GARNER' until said date, he will receive the funds of one hundred thousand dollars. If anyone in or out of the contract contacts said law enforcement, they will be brought to be dealt with accordingly, no matter what. 'ELIAS NATHAN' understands he/she will have to dealt with anyone 'DREWARD SAMUEL GARNER' tells him/her.