Nero and Alas enslaved him again, while Yuri sat on the terrace, Sai directly on a thick blanket in front of him. Yuri let small drops of water float through the air and formed figures out of them. Sai chuckled happily and stretched out his hands for it. There was a warm expression on Yuri's face, and it was clear to anyone who saw him that Sai had already wrapped him around his finger. This happened to many, no one could defend themselves against the charm of the little demon.

Shin's pack had already announced their intention to meet Sai. A week later, a whole pack of Byakko demons showed up at the door and ran one by one to Aleks and Sai, who were sitting on the terrace to meet him. Everyone bowed to Sai, who, laughing, stretched out his hand and stroked their fur.

Belial sat restlessly, but didn't intervene. When it was the leader's turn, he nudged the baby with his muzzle and he chuckled. He put his hand to the leader's cheek and he froze.

Your son is a true miracle, Dāvana. Our pack has decided to patrol more often to make sure that no one enters and harms this treasure. When he is old enough, we expect him to choose a companion in our pack who can protect him.

"This is very generous of you and I thank you for the offer," Aleks said with a smile. Afterwards, the pack gradually made its way home. Shin stayed behind and snuggled up around Aleks, while Sai played with his muzzle.

Two months later...

A growl sounded and Alas and Aleks stopped their practice fight. Two Byakko demons flew in, one with a bloody mouth, on the back of the other lay a figure that didn't move.

What's going on?

The one on the left shook the motionless demon off his back, causing him to slump to the ground and lie there.

"What happened?" Aleks asked breathlessly.

Dāvana. This stranger snuck across the border of your territory and was intercepted by a guard, the left said, and the right growled approvingly.

So this is a spy who wanted to sneak in. "Is he still alive?" he asked anxiously, while Alas walked over to him and turned him around. The demon's eyes moved, but his body seemed to be completely paralyzed by the poison of the Byakko demons.

Alas just nodded, then loaded him onto him to carry him to the dungeon, where he would be questioned. The demon's eyes moved in panic, but he could neither speak nor move a muscle.

Aleks got down on his knees in front of them. "Thank you," he said in a soft voice.

They just nodded and their muzzles twisted into what could be described as a smile. Dāvana, we are now going back. Stay up and if you are in danger, call us. Then they set out to search the area again.

Aleks, agitated, went to Lao, who had been watching Sai, and took his son with him. Then they went together to Belial's study to talk to him.

It turned out to be a spy from Belphegor's ranks. Due to the turmoil that Telos had caused in the last two years, the focus had drifted away from Aleks somewhat, but now the other Hellprinces seemed to be monitoring him again.

"It was a miracle that your pregnancy didn't leak. It's just questionable how long we can keep Sai a secret. Even if Astaroth helps us, it won't be long before the word about Sai makes the rounds," said Belial, who now knew he had to act.

"Bel, that's because they didn't see me. Let's go to Belphegor together and deliver the spy to him," Aleks said.

Belial thought about the proposal. He didn't want his mate to be near this monster, but he knew that Aleks was right. The next day they made their way to the Hellprince of the West.