𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Pov Ricky

"Hyung."

"Yeah?"

"Who was that?"

Jiwoong looked down, at the floor, and Ricky noticed how uncomfortable and sad he was.

"Oh, pretend I didn't ask."

The elder smiled slightly, and Ricky cleared his throat, trying to find something to talk about.

But only thing that was on his mind was the kiss. And he didn't want to talk about it. With anyone.

"I really need to go home."

Jiwoong suddenly said, but Ricky couldn't leave him alone. His ex boyfriend was still out there.

"I'll walk you through it. Get up."

As they stepped out of the house, Jiwoong took a deep breath and looked around him.

No one was there. They were safe. And even if they weren't, Ricky would be there to protect him.

Jiwoong looked sad, and Ricky was trying to find the reason, but he couldn't explain why he was like that.

"Did I do anything wrong? Are you sad because of me?"

"What? Nooo, absolutely not. It's just that I... Feel so weak, and that if you were in danger, I wouldn't be able to save you, like you did. I wouldn't be able to save anyone."

Ricky wanted to comfort him, but he didn't know how to do that. Matthew was the one who always comforted him.

He knew nothing. But one thing he surely knew was that whenever he was getting a hug, he was feeling better. Maybe Jiwoong would feel better, too.

"Where's your house?"

Jiwoong pointed at a house near them, and Ricky ran towards it. Jiwoong quickly followed him, and opened the door, allowing Ricky to go in first.

"Close the door."

Ricky said, and Jiwoong did as he told him, without asking the reason, tho Ricky knew he wanted to.

He then wrapped his arms around the elder's waist, and hugged him tightly, not expecting a hug back. He just wanted to make him feel better.

"I bet you'd do the right thing if someone was in danger."

He whispered, let go off Jiwoong, and tried to open the door and leave. But the door couldn't open, which made Ricky mad, thinking that it was all Jiwoong's fault.

"Did you lock it?"

"What? No. Let me try."

But Jiwoong couldn't open it either. Out of everyone's houses, he had to be locked inside Jiwoong's.

"I swear, if I don't get out of here soon-"

"Ugh, you will. Stop complaining."

Jiwoong groaned, and took a deep breath, before trying to open the door again, just so Ricky could stop whining.

"Yeah.... Nevermind you won't get out."

"What?! Move, I'll do it myself."

Right when he was about to break it by aggressively trying to open it, the door opened, and Ricky sighed relieved.

"Fix your door, hyung."

"I don't even have money to buy a new phone."

Jiwoong murmured, and took out his phone, shyly showing it to Ricky, who looked surprised since Jiwoong seemed pretty rich just by the way he dressed, or how his house was.

"Oh. Eh, it doesn't cost much. Nevermind, bye!"

Ricky ran away before Jiwoong could say anything, but there was no way he could avoid talking to someone.

As he was walking through his house, he bumped into Gunwook. But he obviously wasn't alone.

If he was, Ricky wouldn't have bumped into him, would he? Stuff like that only happens when you are trying to avoid everything.

Matthew was next to him, and he was holding hands with Gunwook, which gladly Ricky didn't notice.

"Oh. Um, hi and... Bye."

"Yah, Ricky! Where were you?"

Matthew caught him off guard, and he didn't know what to say. He looked back, at the way where Jiwoong's house was, and cleared his throat.

"I was at Jiwoong's house... Working on the project."

"Ohhh, right- Did you get into a fight?!"

"What?! No! Why would you say that?!"

Ricky had completely forgotten about the fight he got into, to protect Jiwoong from his obsessed ex.

"Your bottom lip has a big cut, and it's swollen. Ricky, did you get into a fight? Tell me, I'm your hyung and your best friend. I have to know."

But Ricky couldn't say anything. He almost started to cry thinking that everyone will hate him and make fun of him.

He ran away, trying not to cry, and locked himself in his house. The only place where he could be safe.

But he couldn't not think what would happen if Jiwoong was there, to give him a big hug. Those hugs that made Ricky feel safe.

He hadn't cried in a long time. And he couldn't hold it back anymore. He was feeling lost, and weak.

He had sworn that he would never talk to any gay person again, after what had happened to a family member.

He wouldn't care about them, worry about them, and most of all, fall in love with a boy.

But still, he grabbed his phone, and texted Jiwoong the most worrying message he could ever send to a boy.

'I need your help hyung' was what he had texted him, and fortunately Jiwoong immediately saw it.

Not even five minutes later Jiwoong was standing outside Ricky's door, completely stressed and worried.

The younger slowly got up, and opened the door, letting Jiwoong in, who couldn't wait a minute more.

"Ricky! What's wrong, why are you crying?!"

"Can you just hug me?"

Ricky asked, with a broken voice, grabbing Jiwoong by his hoodie, like he was a little kid who was holding his dad.

"Sure I can."

Jiwoong said, and gently hugged the younger, wrapping his arms around his waist, as they both kneeled down.

Ricky's legs couldn't hold him up anymore. The kiss, the fight, Matthew's questions. It was too much for him.

"You will be fine. I'll protect you. Shhh."

Ricky just cried on Jiwoong's shoulder, until he ran out of tears. And Jiwoong was patiently sitting there for half an hour, without saying a single word, waiting for Ricky to stop.

He was feeling way better after crying. He wiped his tears away, and looked at Jiwoong with a weak smile on his face.

He wrapped his hands around the elder's neck, and looked at him right in the eyes, causing butterflies to both of them.