𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

Pov Ricky

"See you tomorrow, Ricky! Good luck with your project!"

"You too, Matt! Bye!"

Matthew left, and Ricky quietly closed the door behind him. He soon had to go to Jiwoong's house for the project.

But he really didn't want to. He hated Jiwoong with his whole heart. Or so he thought. What he knew was that he didn't want to work with him.

Nevermind, I don't even know where he lives. I'm not gonna show up, and I really don't care about him.

But he cared, no matter how hard he was trying to deny it. He secretly cared about everyone.

Even if he was trying to convince himself otherwise, he cared. And nobody could change that.

Not even Jiwoong. But Ricky was stubborn, and he really wouldn't show up at Jiwoong's house.

He'd rather watch WayV performances all day, than work on a school project, though he was a really good student.

He knew that something was definitely wrong. Jiwoong was slowly starting to change him.

Turns out that what he said, he meant it. He never showed up, and he had already forgotten about it.

He only remembered it the next day, when he got ready for school. But he couldn't do anything to change that.

Not that he would if he was able to do so. Everything seemed normal, so no one was hurt, or sad.

Until he arrived at school, and saw Jiwoong sitting next to Gunwook, looking like a total wreck.

He was crying, it was obvious. Ricky's mother was a psychologist-therapist and his father was a doctor.

So he could tell just by looking at his face, that he hadn't slept all night, but instead of it, he was crying.

And it didn't need more than just one braincell to understand that it was all his fault, for not going to the elder's house.

Jiwoong looked awful. His eyes were more puffy than pillows, and his face was red, and irritated because of the tears.

That was not good for his health, and Ricky knew that really well. And so for the first time in his life, he approached Jiwoong.

The elder looked at him, but he could hardly see him. His eyes were half closed, since he had spent his night crying.

Ricky grabbed him by his wrist, and pulled him towards him, making Jiwoong stand up.

They went a bit further from the others, since Ricky didn't want them to hear their conversation.

"Hyung."

Ricky said, for the very first time in his life. And hearing that from him caused Jiwoong butterflies.

"I really want to apologise. But before doing that, lemme do something else."

He said, and Jiwoong looked at him, confused. Ricky raised his hands, and wiped Jiwoong's tears away with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry for making you feel like... Shit. You don't have to forgive me. I'm not asking you to do that. Just know that I'm sorry. I should've showed up at your house."

Ricky said, and the elder boy gave him a really beautiful and warm smile. Ricky looked at him, and tilted his head to the side.

Why was he feeling a sudden attraction towards him? He had a really beautiful smile, which Ricky never noticed.

And that smile gave him a weird feeling. He chose to ignore the feeling, but he definitely could not ignore Jiwoong's smile.

"Please, go wash your face. It's irritated, and that's not good for your health."

Jiwoong seemed confused, but he still turned around and started to walk towards the bathroom.

Ricky was surprised to see that Jiwoong did as he said, even tho he was the one who made him cry that much.

But he was even more surprised with himself. He had sworn that he would never care about Jiwoong, or worry about him.

And there he was, doing both. But people can't change like that, can they? It was weird. Really weird.

"What are you doing here, all alone?"

"Matthew, hey! You know, I was just... Taking deep breaths. I need help to survive today, too. Jiwoong is here."

Matthew looked down, and sighed. But he then raised his head again, and grabbed Ricky by his hand.

They started to walk towards Gunwook, and Ricky started to get nervous because Jiwoong would be there soon.

"Gunwook is a really fun boy. We should definitely invite him to our friend group."

"And leave Jiwoong alone?"

Ricky said, and once he was done, he realised what he actually meant by that. He cared about Jiwoong.

But he couldn't let his friends find out that he cared. What if they made fun of him, thinking that he also liked boys?

"I mean, he will also have to come to our friend group. And I don't want him here. He's gay."

Matthew and Gunwook shared a look, and then looked at the bathroom's door, where Jiwoong was standing, looking at them, completely hurt.

Oh shit.

Jiwoong went into the bathroom again, and Ricky sighed. He had to follow him, but the others couldn't know that he was going in there for Jiwoong.

"Anyways. Mat, can you and your new friend go to the class? I'll come later, I just need to talk to a girl."

Matthew nodded slowly, and he stood up to go to the classroom, followed by Gunwook. Ricky smiled, and once they were far away from him, he rushed into the bathroom.

He saw Jiwoong, sitting on the ground, not caring if it was dirty or not. And Ricky usually cared about that.

But not that time. He kneeled next to him, took a deep breath, and hugged him, for the first time in his life.

If you told him, just yesterday, that he would do that, he would've called you crazy, and he'd write your name on his black list.

But when he hugged him, he felt like his whole world just stopped for a moment. It felt nice.

"I didn't mean to say that. I'm just... Scared. People might think I like boys, and hate me. I'm kinda scared of rejection. Scared of going through what you did because of me."

Jiwoong hugged him back, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist. Ricky felt relieved.

Jiwoong's arms around his waist felt like a comfortable belt that was holding your clothes, not allowing them to fall.

It was like that. Like Jiwoong was protecting him from falling. From being in pain. Ricky had never felt like that.

He only hugged girls, because he claimed that he was straight, and Matthew, his best friend.

No one ever made him feel that safe. That loved. It was the best feeling Ricky ever experienced.

He really wanted to stay in his hug forever, but the bell rang, and he stood up. Tho he didn't leave.

He helped Jiwoong stand up, and wiped his tears away, for the second time that day. But that made him feel okay.