16. "I don't want you to get hurt again"

The ride to the office was mostly silent except for few formal exchange of words between the CEO and his employee. Jungkook was feeling claustrophobic inside the luxury car as he felt over conscious beside the intimidating man. Jungkook took a deep breath once they reached the office premises. As he was unbuckling the seatbelt, he felt a cold hand touching his which was instantly taken away.

"I thought you would need help."
"It's fine, thanks for the ride Mr. Lee."

Jungkook's hands got cold when he didn't hear any response from the other man, instead he just kept staring at him. It wasn't in any inappropriate way, but felt like he was trying to communicate through eyes.

"Wait for me in the evening. I will drop you home."
"That won't be necessary, I will get the tire changed for my car."
"We have a lot in our plate today, Mr. Jeon. I don't think you will get time for that."
"Then Chanyeol will drop me. You don't have to get bothered Mr. Lee."
"I called Mr. Park early today, so I cannot allow him to work till evening. He will be leaving by late afternoon, I don't want my employees to overwork. You will be going home with me. I mean I will drop you home."

Wish I could actually take you home!

Jungkook just nodded nervously and follow Deok-hwa to the office. There were several company offices in the building, so the elevator was used commonly by all. Around five people entered into the elevator along with Jungkook and his boss among which a guy was standing in such an odd position that his crotch area was touching Jungkook's lower back. He tried to take a step forward to avoid that position but the guy seemed to move along with him purposely. Suddenly, a long hand pulled Jungkook towards a hardened chest. He felt protected at the moment. This isn't the first time he had to feel such unwanted touches, but it was definitely the first time that someone else protected him.

Once the elevator reached their office floor, Deok-hwa asked him to proceed while he had some other work before joining office. It seemed that the filthy guy was also in the elevator suggesting his office was somewhere in the uppermost floors. Jungkook did as was told, but during lunch time when he went to the nearby coffee place, he found the guy with a big bandage covering his apparently broken nose. He didn't bother to overthink on that.

On their way back to Jungkook's home, he got a call from one of his favourite people. The number was saved a Mrs. Kim! There was a smile automatically displayed on his lips.

"Mr. Lee, can I please answer the call if you don't mind." He wanted to make sure his conversation won't be bothersome to the person driving the car.
"Please proceed, Mr. Jeon."

"Hello Mrs. Kim!"
"Jungkook-ah, how are you?" The car having outside noise cancellation feature, the phone conversation was clearly audible to Deok-hwa even if Jungkook didn't put the call on speaker mode.
"I'm doing good. How are you and Mr. Kim?"
"We are fine too. I heard you went to the reunion. I'm so proud of you Jungkook-ah."
"I just want to forget all about past and move on."
"I am sure your halmoni would be proud of you too. Listen, can you please keep this Sunday free? I am planning a surprise lunch for Joonie as I told you he's back home now."

"Namjoon? Sure, Mrs. Kim. I am so excited to meet him. Jin told me he has grown so tall now. I think I haven't seen him in last 12 years." Deok-hwa was seeing a completely new side of Jungkook which was like an excited kid.
"He has grown taller than his father and brother, but became extremely unsocial. I just feel like he might be able to open up once he is surrounded by his favourite bunch of people. All his friend and Jinnie's friend are also coming."
"You won't have to ask me twice Mrs. Kim. I will be there."

"The smile suits on your face." Jungkook was startled by the sudden compliment from his frightening boss who himself has never showed the world that he can smile too.
"It's just that she is an important person to me, more like a mother."
"Hope you have a great Sunday!"
"Thanks! It's just a small get together."
"I'm sorry to eavesdrop but who is this Namjoon guy?"