8. "Can I call you Kookie hyung?"

Pick a ship Vmin (top V) or Taegi (Top Yoongi)
Not for this story, but a new one 😬

———————————————————————————

Dong-eun was confused to find the house helper lady walking out of her youngest son's room with a bunch of cushions, pillow cases and bedding items. Those were bought as per his demand last month and now those are being discarded?

"Excuse me Ho-sook shi!" The 50 years old chief house helper, Ho-sook turned back to answer.
"Mam, master Namjoon said that he wants black coloured items only in his room, so I will be putting these into the washing machine and then keep these in the store room."
"Are those black ones already arranged?"
"Yes, I bought those today morning and then set the room. Once master Namjoon is back from school, he will find everything done."
"Thank you so much for your help, Ho-sook shi."
Ho-sook took her leave after that.

If we go back to last evening, Jungkook, in an attempt to explain one lesson to his student, revealed that his favourite colour is black. Poor Namjoon thought yellow was his favourite colour as he liked banana milk, but realising the incorrect assumption, he panicked. This is the whole story behind the sudden change in the interiors of Namjoon's room.

He wanted to do everything as per Jungkook's likings. He hated the taste of banana milk, but chugged down a whole box in front of his love just because he wanted to make him feel like they both like same things and they have a lot in common. In the latest class test, Namjoon's score improved drastically, much to his parents' surprise. They were too happy for this change in his grades and they credited Jungkook for this. Seokjin was proud of his brother and friend both.

Namjoon was very happy to find the black coloured items in his room, he quickly got freshened up and arranged his books on the table waiting for his tutor to arrive. In some time, he heard some giggles from the staircase. Well, one was a melodious giggle, the other was a windshield laugh. Peeking through a gap in the door, he found Seokjin and Jungkook happily discussing on something.

"I'm telling you, he has a crush on you since last year."
"That's a misconception, Seokjin. He just wanted to ask for the notes."
"But he wouldn't ask you on a date in return of a favour. Also, he was calling you as Jungkookie, I am pretty sure he is having feelings for you. Even Chim and Tae saw it." Jungkook's cheeks turned pink at his friend's words while someone's ears turned red due to anger which was unknown to both of the teenagers.

"I don't know what to do."
"Just say yes to the date, I have known Min-gyu for a while as he is my father's manager's son. He seems like a nice guy and who said you have to marry him, it's just a date."
"I have never been on a date before, Seokjin."
Jungkook was hesitant to go on a date after some horrible experiences he had with men who tried to take advantage of his financial condition, just like the incident on the day of the Kims' party.

Seokjin placed his arm on Jungkook's shoulder and tried to relax him down.
"It's okay if you don't want to, don't do anything that you will not like."
"Thanks!"
"If you don't mind, can I ask you something?"
"Sure!"
"Did you have your first kiss?"
"No, I never got close to anyone."
"It's okay to take your time, Jungkook. Anyway, I think my evil brother is waiting for his teacher. I will be in my room if you need anything."

Although the conversation was going on mostly in whispers, Namjoon was quite efficient to understand what it was all about. His heart felt pumped up for two reasons, Jungkook not willing to date Min-gyu and him not having his first kiss yet. To the 8 years old's innocent mind, first kiss was something very pure which can only be given to the person we love the most. Without a doubt, he wanted his first kiss to be with Jungkook.

As Jungkook turned to make his way towards Namjoon's room, he quickly ran to sit on the chair so that his sneaky act is not caught by his love.
"Good evening Namjoon." A tiny amount of curling on Jungkook's lips was enough to make Jungkook's day thousand times brighter and better.
"Good evening Jungkook hyung, can I ask you something?"
"What is it Namjoon?" Jungkook took off his backpack and sat on the chair opposite to Namjoon when his eyes fell on the newly decorated room's details.

"Wow! All black! This looks so amazing!" Now who will help Namjoon handling his beating heart! The boy got swept off his feet by his love's compliment.
"You like it, hyung?"
"It's beautiful!"
"Hyung, can I call you Kookie hyung from now? Jungkook hyung sounds too long."
The little devil was not preparing the field to compete with Min-gyu. If that guy called him Jungkookie, then he would call Kookie which sounds way better to him.

Jungkook giggled at the cute nickname from the kid adding more happiness to Namjoon's innocent heart.
"Why not? It sounds cute."
"Thank you Kookie hyung."
"Now, let's get to studying."
"I have completed all the homework."
"Good boy!"

The clock struck 7 in the evening indicating almost 2 hours of delay. It was a Friday and Jungkook has not yet arrived while he mostly reaches by 5. Seokjin was not home yet, so he cannot give any information either. Time was testing the patience of the little boy.

"Eomma! Kookie hyung has not yet reached. What if he is in danger?" He almost cried out seeing his mother entering into his room.
"Relax Joonie! Sorry I forgot to tell you, Jungkook and Jinnie have gone to a birthday party of their friend Min-gyu. Jungkook was not willing to skip the class, but I insisted on taking some break, he has mostly completed the syllabus for your upcoming exam."

The words sounded like daggers piercing through Namjoon's love filled heart. His love, only true love has gone to the birthday party of the boy that is rumoured to have a crush on him.
Now he will express his feeling for his Kookie hyung and make him his boyfriend, then they will have their first kiss. At last, they will get married and live happily ever after!

Dong-eun got frightened at the sudden outburst of her son who just started crying with all the energy in his body and throwing his arms in the air sitting on the floor. It was so unannounced that she got dumbstruck for a moment.

"What happened, Joonie? Why are you crying?"

The boy just kept crying more intensely without responding to his mother. She hugged him tight and picked him up from the floor. Lying on the bed, she lulled him off to sleep.

Being the caring and understanding mother she was, it didn't take her a long time to realise why her 8 years old son was crying for the 16 years old friend of her eldest son. Was it inappropriate? For the time being, it was! But she cannot rush to take any decision without confirming her doubts.

"I cannot see you getting hurt like this, Joonie!"
She whispered to herself running her fingers through the soft hairs of her sleeping son who had tear stains all over the face.