15. "How dare you touch him"

Jungkook woke up ten minutes before the alarm clock popped up. Palpitations, sweating hands and feet were the signs how nervous or scared he was in the name of going to office that day. He doesn't know why but he gets too anxious around Deok-hwa even if he helped him out last night when he was stuck in the terrible traffic.

As soon as he reached office, he was asked to report to his boss's cabin. He went along with Chanyeol but the moment he reached the cabin door, he became more anxious and started biting his lips and fiddling his fingers. The dreaded man was sitting on the high back revolving chair. Today he was wearing glasses making him look like a strict professor.

Jungkook felt the scanning eyes of Deok-hwa on him making him sweat profusely even in the air conditioned room. Sang-bin asked both of them to sit as the CEO started typing on his laptop.

"Mr. Jeon and Mr. Park, I hope you have been briefed about your new roles in this company. We are about to launch a new product and the marketing strategy has to be prepared beforehand in order to avoid the slightest delay in the launching date." Deok-hwa looked at both of them after taking his eyes off his laptop.
"Sir, are we going to have a team for the strategy setup?" Chanyeol asked as it would be too much of work for just two people.

"No Mr. Park. You and Mr. Jeon will be working on it along with me, there will be more fourth member in the team. There are five more companies which have been trying to launch this type of product, so ours has to be kept confidential until we achieve 95% of assurance that the product will be deployed in time. And please don't call me sir, it's just Mr. Lee for you."

"I understand Mr. Lee. We will give our best to this project. Jungkook, do you want to share any concern?" Chanyeol turned sideways to face his friend who was not taking a halt from abusing his lips with his own teeth out of sheer tension.
"No, Chanyeol, I don't have any point to raise. We will start right away with the first step today."
Jungkook replied to his friend staring at the floor as he was feeling like the boss will eat him up if he raises his gaze.

They stood up and were about to open the door to exit when their CEO called out.
"You guys can bring your laptop and stuffs here. As we will be working together from now on, it's better to sit in my cabin."

The subordinates worked the entire day sitting in their boss's office. There wasn't no interruption as Deok-hwa instructed Sang-bin to take care of people who would try to approach the CEO for any kind of work related discussion. Whenever Chanyeol and their boss would he discussing anything, Jungkook just silently took the notes and worked on his laptop without speaking much. It was clear from the interaction that Mr. Lee had a good experience in marketing strategy and was really knowledgeable in this field. He was also considerate of Chanyeol's ideas and never tried to overshadow his juniors in profession. This allowed Jungkook to let go off the stuff breath he was holding in his chest, maybe the man is a good person.

"You were pretty silent today, Mr. Jeon. Tomorrow we will discuss on your ideas only."
"Ye-yes Mr. Lee." Jungkook couldn't disagree while a small smirk played on the man's face that went unnoticed by everyone in the room.

After a tiring day, Jungkook got his final dose of frustration when he noticed the punctured tire of  his car that was parked at the parking lot reserved for the employees.
"Oh shit! How did this happen?" Chanyeol exclaimed.
"How would I know? The engine got stuck yesterday and today the tire, why is this happening to me? I don't even have a stepney to change it." Jungkook started whining.

"It's okay Jungkook, I will drop you home and we can call a mechanic tomorrow morning."
"Now I will have to take the crowded bus tomorrow morning." Jungkook pout was looking too cute to his friend.
"Hey, I will pick you up in the morning. Don't worry. Come on, let's get you home!" Chanyeol placed his arm on Jungkook's shoulder to console him.

None of them noticed a tall figure hiding behind the pillar who was actually approaching towards a frustrated Jungkook but hid himself as Chanyeol entered the scene. His fist tightened and teeth gritted in anger. His eyes were narrowed as he watched Chanyeol acting too close to Jungkook.

"How dare you touch him Mr. Park?" He mumbled himself.

Got some urgent call from boss related to one of my previous projects. Need to go office early today. Sorry!

Jungkook sighed after reading the text from his colleague and friend as he now has to get on the public transport to reach office. He wasn't snobbish, he was just uncomfortable with the touches of strangers that was inevitable if you are getting onboard a public transportation.

The bus stop seemed unusually crowded that day, probably due to Thursday rush. Jungkook kept checking the time as it was getting late and the bus in his office route was nowhere to be seen. He finally blew some air off his mouth in relaxation as the bus was spotted from a distance.

Before the bus reached the stop, a black Rolls Royce made stopped in front of him. It was the same one from yesterday. The window of the passenger's seat was lowered revealing a well dressed Deok-hwa. He was driving the car himself today. Jungkook took a step back without saying anything.

"Mr. Jeon, get inside."
"I was waiting for the bus Mr. Lee."
"Which bus?"

It was just then that Jungkook found the bus passing by and he missed to board it as his boss diverted his attention. He threw his hand in the air out of disappointment but the man in the car just chuckled at the action.

"Seems like the bus was not meant for you today. You will get late, hop inside!"
Jungkook had to give in as he was actually getting late for work.

"Thanks!" And then he got into the car. Deok-hwa took the office bag from his hands and put it in the backseat so that he could sit comfortably. Seeing Jungkook struggling with the seatbelt, he leaned to help him out.

Jungkook being shorter in height, the other man was almost hovering over him and when he took the belt from the other side to the driver's side, his lips touched Jungkook's hair. Jungkook wasn't aware of it, but the taller man could sense the sweet smell of a matcha flavoured shampoo. He wanted to get lost in it or maybe actually place a kiss on the head, but retracted immediately to avoid any misunderstanding from the shorter man.

———————————————————————————

This seatbelt scene is inspired from a K-drama. The actual scene was a little different though, but I cannot remember which drama it was 🙊 if anyone knows or watched that drama plz let me know the name so that I can rewatch 😝