4. "Let's call Jungkook hyung now"

It was the month of April, 2003 when Sung-hoon grabbed a huge deal with one of the international corporations. It was the biggest success in his career so far and Dong-eun couldn't be happier about it. Sung-hoon and Dong-eun were orphans when they met in high school and fell in love with each other. It was Dong-eun in front of whom the current business tycoon presented his first plan to start a small business. The woman has been by his side since the start, through highs and lows.

"Sungi, shall I arrange a party for some celebration? You can invite your new clients too."
"That isn't a bad idea, Dong."
"When did I ever suggest you one?" She asked knitting her brows that definitely scared her husband a little.
"No, jagi, I was just kidding. How about we invite some of our friends too? It would look more like a formal party and no one will be able to enjoy if we only invite the people from the client side."
"Hmm. 26 years with me has at least taught you something." Sung-hoon nodded like a lovesick puppy giving all the credit of his intelligent ideas to his wife.

They have been together for total 26 years including their 20 years of married life with two amazing children. Sung-hoon has planned to divide the properties equally between his sons and they both will take over the responsibilities once they complete their higher studies. But, they were understanding parents, Seokjin shared his interest in Business since he was 12, so it was not a problem. However, they cannot ask Namjoon about the same as he is too young for that.

"Jinnie! Joonie!" Dong-eun called her kids.
"Eomma!" "Eomma!" Both responded in unison.
"Your appa and I need to talk to you both, come downstairs."
Loud footsteps stopped at the living room when both Seokjin and Namjoon took seats on the couch opposite to the one where their parents were sitting.

"Jin, as you know we got the new deal with SLT Industries, your mother and I have decided to throw a party to celebrate and our official associates will be invited. We just want to make it a friendlier environment for them, so decided to invite our friends too."
"Partyyyy!" Namjoon raised his hands in air in joy shaking his head from left to right while Seokjin was having a different kind of smile in his face.
"Are the-"
"Yes, the Mins are invited too, if you are wondering." Dong-eun was super fast to reply as she knew few secrets of her son.

"Of course the Mins will be there. Myeong-ho and Sunmi are our closest friends, Jin." Sung-hoon said innocently who was completely oblivious of his son's intention of asking about the Mins.
"Yoongi hyung won't come?" Namjoon pouted as he was very fond of his cat hyung.
"He will, Joonie." Dong-eun assured Namjoon with a smile while her assurance was actually for her elder son who just released a breath he was holding for last few minutes.

"Yay! Eomma, can I invite Hobi and Jack?"
"I will call Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Wang personally honey, don't worry." The mother knew no party can be completed without Namjoon's best friends Hoseok and Jackson. The trio's bond is strong since kindergarten.
"Hyung, you won't invite anyone?"
"Jinnie, I already called Mrs. Park and Mrs. Kim. Jimin and Taehyung will be there too. Do you want to invite someone else?" Dong-eun was way too familiar with her son's likings, so she didn't waste time asking them whom to invite. Jimin was Seokjin's best friend and Taehyung is Jimin's boyfriend, also a good friend of Seokjin.

"Thanks eomma, I was thinking maybe-"
"What about Jungkook?" Dong-eun's question caused her 8 years old son to curl up to a ball in shyness.
"Joon, what's wrong? Are you not feeling well?" Sung-hoon picked him up to check the temperature on his forehead as he got worried to see the red face of his son.
"No appa, I am just happy."

"I can invite him eomma, but I am not sure if he would come. He never attends any events or functions at school unless it is mandatory. I tried inviting him for lunch sometimes along with me, Jimin and Taehyung but he keeps coming up with excuses. Perhaps he just wants to stay in his own comfort zone." Seokjin replied to his mother's previously asked question.

"I think you should invite him, Jinnie. If he doesn't come, that's fine. But he is your friend too and he is such a nice boy."
"Hyung, eomma is right. You should invite Jungkook hyung." Namjoon pitched in.
"I did a mistake talking about his parents that day, later only I came to know from you that he only has his grandmother as the last living family member. Shall I call his grandmother for the invitation?"
"It's okay eomma, I will invite him myself, because if you do he will think it's a big deal and will not show up."

Namjoon nudged his father to put him down which Sung-hoon did and quickly ran towards his brother.
"Hyung, let's call Jungkook hyung now." He pulled his brother's t-shirt sleeve to take him towards the landline receiver.
"He doesn't have a phone, Joonie."
"Why?"
"I don't know, I will ask him tomorrow at school."

Jungkook never shared his financial situation with anyone at school, he didn't even have much friends. He would always be busy with his studies and part time jobs. Seokjin can be called as the closest one to him at school.

The next morning, Namjoon kept reminding his brother at least a hundred times to invite Jungkook before leaving for school. He cannot lose this golden opportunity to meet the love of his life again as he hasn't seen him since Valentine's day. Jungkook did come to Seokjin's house two times in between, but it was for some group project and Namjoon was at the playground with his friends each time.