5. "I will also grow strong to protect you"

Dong-eun hired the best party planner in town to make sure no stone remains unturned to make her husband's success celebration a lavish one. She bought new designer clothes for her sons and husband while Sung-hoon, being the romantic husband gifted her an expensive formal dress from one of the leading fashion brands.

"Stand straight Joonie, I cannot button your shirt properly." Dong-eun got frustrated with her son as he was just swinging his arms in the air out of excitement.
"Eomma, when will the guests arrive?"
"Soon, honey."
"Everyone will come, right?"
"Yes, Joonie. I hope everyone will be there. You don't have to worry about Hoseok and Jackson." It was beyond the naive mother's imagination that her dear son was actually growing impatient to meet the person he considers to be his one true love.

The party started with the guests' arrival. Jimin and Taehyung reached almost the same time as Hoseok and Jackson. They were all invited along with their families as that was the tradition most of the elite class families followed.

"I don't see a big furry animal yet."
"Shut up, Chim!" Seokjin hit his not so innocent bestie's arm to make him stop asking about a certain someone who has successfully managed to snatch the sleep away from Seokjin's eyes.
"Don't worry, Jin baby, he will be coming to you riding on his horse just like your dream." Taehyung didn't leave the chance to tease either earning a deathly glare from the boy who was being teased.

Almost everyone has arrived except for the Mins and Jungkook. Both Seokjin and Namjoon were exhausted of the waiting. Unbeknownst to them, both the brothers started feeling like their evenings were ruined as none of them got to meet the people they wanted to that evening.

Hoseok and Jackson pulled Namjoon to the play area for the kids where they forced him to play along with them, but Seokjin was just standing and greeting the guests with a forced smile on his lips. It was baseless to find Jimin and Taehyung as he knew that his horny friends might have found an empty restroom to get on with their business, so he didn't want to be the third-wheel. Being a bunch of 16 year olds, they were not allowed to have alcohol, so he just took a sip from the glass of coke when someone took it away from his hand.

"Excuse me!" He turned around to find a boy taking a sip from the same glass with a smirk on his face and his breathing almost stopped at the sight.
"It tastes sweeter from this glass." The boy said sliding his arm around Seokjin's waist under his suit secretly after checking the surroundings.

"You came?" Seokjin's eyes were overflowing with emotion.
"There will be lots of guys in the party, I cannot risk some bastards trying to flirt with my love who happens to be the world's most handsome boy."
"Thanks for coming, Yoongi. And, I'm not that handsome."
"Baby, have you ever heard of a thing called mirror? If yes, just try standing in front of one, but I guess you will never find the beauty I see in you as you are too humble."
They both wanted to hug each other right there but hesitated as it would grab attention from the strangers who have very formal relationship with the Kims and the Mins.

Someone was done waiting for the person he craved the most. Tears started rolling down his cheeks at the thought of his Jungkook hyung not accepting the invitation. When his best friends were busy playing with the other kids, he started searching for his brother who was sitting near the fountain outside their mansion along with Yoongi.

"Hyung." Seokjin and Yoongi turned around to find the gloomy faced boy.
"Hey kiddo! What's up?" Yoongi ran to him and picked him up in his arms and Namjoon started crying wrapping his arms around his cat hyung.
"Hey! What's wrong, champ?" Yoongi kept asking but the boy didn't answer.
"Joonie, tell hyung what has happened. Did you get hurt?" Seokjin asked patting his brother's head to calm down the vigorous sobs, but no response.

Both the elders were clueless at the situation, but then the 8 years old started speaking.
"Why didn't Jungkook hyung come to the party?"
"Who is Jungkook hyung?" Yoongi asked.
"He's my friend, I told you about him, the one who helped me with the notes when I was sick. Remember?"
"Oh right! The topper kid!" As Yoongi was 2 years older to Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung, he used to call everyone as kid as he felt himself like a grandpa.

"Hey kiddo! It's Jin's friend, why are you crying? He might be late, let's wait for sometime."
"No, I know he will not come. Hyung told eomma that Jungkook hyung doesn't attend parties, he must have decided not to come here as well." Namjoon said in between his sobs.
Although Seokjin's moment with his boyfriend was ruined, he didn't care as his little brother was crying so badly. He just wanted to comfort him by doing whatever he wanted, if that means bringing Jungkook from his home, let that be!

"Okay, let's go to Jungkook's home and meet him. How about that?" Seokjin asked making Namjoon display his teeth suddenly. This certainly shocked Yoongi who just witnessed a north and south pole expression of the little boy.
"Hey kiddo! You were acting all this while?" Yoongi tried to playfully scare the boy in his arms by scrunching his nose making Namjoon giggle.
"You brat!" This time Seokjin glared at his boyfriend as his little brother was always his top priority. Yoongi loves his naughty future brother in law too, he was just kidding anyway.

As the party was still going on, the trio sneaked out of the mansion gate and started walking down the sideway in the direction of Jungkook's home. Seokjin once dropped him home from school, so he knew the place, but he can ask the exact house by asking the neighbours as well. Namjoon was not walking, he was hopping on his way to destination while Seokjin and Yoongi were walking holding hands.

Yoongi started working as an intern in his father, Myeong-ho's office as he will take over the company soon after his university degree and Seokjin also started to learn things from Sung-hoon's associates. This barely left time for them to spend with each other, but they were hard working and wanted to make their families proud too, so they hoped for a happy future together.

"10000! It's more than your worth, baby boy!" A drunk man was spotted pulling the hands of a lean boy who was trying to get out of the filthy man's grip.
"Please leave me alone!" The boy cried out loudly but there was no one around except for the trio who set out on their way to find Jungkook's home.

"Hey! Fucker! Leave the boy!" Yoongi detached the boy's hand from the drunken man and punched him right on the face making him fall on the ground. The man was too intoxicated in alcohol to respond anything, he just kept moaning in pain lying on the road.
"Are you okay?" He asked the boy who was crying as quietly as possible.

Seokjin tightly held his brother's hand and watching the scene from distance as Yoongi asked him to protect Namjoon and not to step closer to the drunk guy. But his eyes fell out of the socket when he could see the crying boy's face clearly under the street light.

It was his friend, Jungkook!

Seokjin ran up to his friend hugging him tightly as he scrutinised the situation of the boy. The man was offering him money to spend the night with him! How dangerous it can be!

"Jungkook, it's me, Seokjin." Jungkook's sobs slowed down and he looked up to find his friend. He was feeling ashamed of himself, embarrassed to face his friend in this unfortunate situation. Namjoon, who was still standing at a distance, hopped towards the said his after hearing his name.

"Jungkook, don't cry, he will not be able to hurt you." Yoongi assured him, but Seokjin knew how vulnerable the boy was right now.
"Jungkook hyung!" Namjoon's heart shattered into pieces after seeing his love in tears. He moved his brother aside who was holding Jungkook by the shoulders and hugged him with all his force.

Namjoon's height reached upto Jungkook's torso, so he hugged his waist as if his love will vanish away if he lets him go. Jungkook placed his hands on the younger's head as if it was a fluffy teddy bear that he can find comfort in his distressed state of mind.

"Did he hurt you?" Jungkook nodded.
"My cat hyung is very strong, he punished him for hurting you. From now on, I will also grow strong to protect you from bad people."

The innocent yet matured words were the only thing that stopped the boy from crying further and brought a small smile to his face to which the other three cheered.