Chapter 137(Part 1)

"Ugh. So you are here to scare me,make me forgive you and to separate Kai and I."She told him."Look Ezra you don't have the right to decide on my life."

"Yes I have."He said and pushed her on the bed.

*********

"Just leave."She said and quickly got herself up but unfortunately he used his ability to put her back on the bed and that really mad her back ache.

He crawled onto her and stared right into her eyes and that

"Not when I'm alive. Kill me instead."

That made him smile. "No Kayla."and with that he held her well and kissed her not allowing her to talk at all.

The scene reminded her of how she met Ezra in the first place. It reminded her of how she was  almost raped by a demon and she was terrified of that.

How he held her and knocked her out was one of the things she might not forget and if it weren't for Ezra,her future ahead would have been over.

"Stop!"She cried and pushed him aside."Just leave. I don't want to see your face again." Was all she said.

That was when everything was processing in his mind.

"It's all in the past. He's dead."

"Is he?"She asked."What if he isn't? He's immortal like you. He will come back Ezra and I know he will use me."

He saw how worried she was and he could not let that happen again. He hugged her and stroked her hair."And when he does ,I will not let him.Unless I mark you permanently. It will tell any immortal that you are with someone and that will prevent him from touching you."

He expected her to say something but she didn't.

"Just do it and leave."She finally said."Make sure I don't see you again. I will forgive you as long as you do that for me.

Though it felt like hell,he had to obey her condition or else he was  doomed.

Once an immortal does bad to a mortal and he or she was still alive,the pain, frustration and revenge within the person's heart will trouble that immortal and it might shorten his or her days or even make him to turn into his bad side. If the mortal still doesn't get convinced,the good side of the immortal is lost.

*******
He nodded and shifted her hair and broke the hug.

"It won't hurt."
He lowered his head and without wasting much time,he closed his eyes,held her and dug his fangs into her neck.

********

Her heart raced and she was getting weak. She clenched her fists and tried not to speak. Her blood was draining out of her.

She tried to hold herself but it was just not working. Her eyes were getting heavy and with all efforts,she allowed darkness to take over.

***********
After he had noticed Kayla had become unconscious,he stopped and placed her well on the bed.

"It's just like how I marked her at first."He said and noticed that this was their last meeting.
"See you Kayla. No one will touch you not even Elias nor Kai himself."

He smiled and controlled his pain within.

He looked at her sleeping face and gently kissed her cheek.

"See you."
And with that,he removed a certain chain in his pocket and put it on her delicate neck.

As he scanned the room, his eyes fell on one of her pictures and without thinking much,he took his favorite,the picture Kayla had taken with him when they met Kai for the first time at the barbecue shop.
She had printed it and it was peacefully on the table beside her bed.

He waited and thought how it would be after tonight as he watched the picture.

He breathed his last and looked at his love one more time.

"You will come back Kayla."He said in mind and gently stroked her hair."I know you will."

The pain and regret he had for himself creates a lump in his throat. Why could life be so unfair like that he asked. Could it be because he was immortal? Was it about the fact that mortals and immortals especially like he could not mix?

All these questions started to form in his head and he took his one last glimpse of Kayla and vanished.