4

We left the office, but my spirit was still inside. That's him! That's him! For Pete's sake! The man who saved my life when I committed suicide. And that man inside the office are the same! He is a soldier!

What will I do? Should I say thank you? Or How are you? Something in me wants to talk to him, and say hello. Maybe because he is one of the Alpha Team that can help me. 

"Ginagawa mo?" 

I returned to the trance, because of Jevi's voice, not realizing that we were already in the Van.

I sighed, why don't they just give a statement? Why don't they want to cooperate?

"May tanong ako" I turned to Jevi. "Do you know the soldier who came in earlier?" 

"Hindi" I denied. 

"Parang narinig kong kinausap ka niya kanina." Jevi looked at me. "Pwede sanang gamitin yun para makausap siya about Rmall."

I immediately looked at Jevi. "That's embarrassing, I don't even know his name," I said, shyly.

Jevi look in confusion. "Pero kilala mo siya? Tapos kilala ka niya."

"Siguro?" I said, unable to look at him.

He shook his head. "People from the passed?" Then he smiled slyly. "Roanne, grab the opportunity."

I shook my head, we're not close enough to talk to him. We're not even friends. We just knew each other, because of that day. After that I didn't see him anymore, but now? He is one of the keys to solve my problem. 

Jevi tapped my shoulder. "Don't be shy. Whoever he is, he can help us."

I glared at him. "Shut it! Stop spitting nonsense!"

He stared at me. "Alam kong alam mo na dapat kausapin mo siya."

I sighed. "What should I do, Jevi?"

"Akitin mo? Madaling maakit ang mga sundalo," he said. "Mauuna na'ko, bigyan kitang time makausap si mister Sergeant Major."

I look at him in disbelief. "How can I go home?" 

Jevi looked at me. "Oh I don't know ... Just walk? Fly? Whatever you like, you choose." Then he smiled, slyly. "Or magpahatid ka. May sundalo ka namang kilala."

Before I could say a word, he pushed me out of the Van. What the?!

"Goodluck, Roanne. See you." And he started the car without even talking to me

Do I have a choice? He left me already. How can I go home, I didn't memorize the road or this place. 

And how can I even talk to someone I don't know? Maybe it's not him? Maybe the major is the one he said long time no see, and not me? Maybe I'm just assuming or imagining some things.  

I will just wait for when he will come out, and then the show must go on. I sat at the floor opposite the building, and wait for him. 

"Hey."

I swallowed when I saw a soldier's shoe infront of me, I slowly looked up and my suspicion was right.

He was the one who prevented my death. The man who saved my life. The man who convinced me to stay alive. 

I don't know how long I stared at him, but he seems more handsome now.

"H-hey?" I stuttered, because I didn't know what to say to him.

He stared at me right into my soul. Like he's memorizing my whole being. 

"Kumusta ka?" I asked, trying to avoid his eye contact and stood up.