3

"Inhale ... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale. You can do it, Roanne," I said to myself.

"Nervous?" I looked at the Director when he spoke, and  nodded. He handed me some papers, and I read them. "The relatives of those who died in the massacre petitioned to reopen the case, because they are looking for justice for their loved ones. I will give you two months to do this case, Roanne." I nodded. "I know the soldiers will also have a hard time solving the case, so I want good news." I nodded again. "It's still a long time before the case can be opened, two months from now, but you should have interviewed people about that, here's the other details about who you can interview." The Director gave me a folder. "Mahihirapan ka, Roanne at please i-expect mo na walang gustong maglabas ng statement about Rmall."

"Thank you," I said in sincerity. 

"You may go, your work starts now." I was about to leave, but what the Director said stopped me. My whole being was shocked. "But if you fail in this case, I am sorry to say, but I will fire you." I slowly looked at the Director. "And I am dead serious, Roanne." I swallowed my own saliva, because of that. "Ayan ang magiging kabayaran mo kapag pumalpak ang case na'to, dahil alam mo naman siguro na hindi ko naman talaga sa'yo 'to ibibigay."

"HEYYYY!!!!" I was deafened by Jevi's loud screams. I didn't realize we were already in the van. "Anong nangyayari sa'yo?"

I shook my head, and looked at him. "H-ha? What is that? Are you talking to me?"

He looked at me in disbelief.  "Hindi, kaya nga kita sinigawan kasi hindi kita kinakausap." I went silent. "What are you thinking?"

"Nothing. What are you talking about?" Maybe it's better to hide it than to tell others. I have to finish this report, and I need to solve what is behind it. 

"That's right, the first thing we're going to do is interview the CEO of Rmall. We know they are hiding a statement to protect Rmall," he said while driving. 

"We will have a hard time there. Wait, who was the CEO then?" I asked.

"I'm driving right?" He said, sarcastically. "You should probably read it in the folder, you want me to read it while driving? So we can both go straight to heaven?" 

I ignored him and opened the folder. "Sharine Umali, the acting CEO of Ramos Corporation. She is the niece of the owner of Ramos Corporation; Mrs. Fidela Umali Ramos. She leads her auntie's business, because of the owner's son; Rico Ramos is a captain of the Philippine Military, and he has no time to handle their business. And Mrs. Fidela Ramos, is too old to handle the company. While her husband is the General of the Philippines Army."

"Wow, big time," Jevi said. "Maganda ba yung Sharine? Ilang taon?"

I look at him for a second, before continuing to read. "That's why Ms. Sharine Umali acted as a CEO until now, and she managed the business very well."

"Wow, I wish I had an aunt like that. Aantayin ko lang tumanda tapos sa'kin na yung kumpanya," said Jevi. "Fidela cutie——"

"Gago!" Then we both laughed. "Pero mukang mahirap kumuha ng interview sa kanila. Bigating tao eh."

"We'll probably need to get an appointment," said Jevi.

I sighed. "It must be too busy right now, especially after two months. The Rmall's Massacre case will be reopened."

"Probably, but we have to work harder for this work."

Probably, because I'll get fired.

An hour passed, and we were able to reach the Ramos Corporation, but there were already a lot of reporters outside.