3.7

This chapter will contain a possibly  triggering topic for certain audiences, please read with caution and keep this trigger warning in mind. Thank you.

-

3 hours.

I'd been sitting in my livingroom, watching whatever I could find on TV for 3 hours.

No call from Jasper, no call from my sister-who probably didn't even have service. I looked at the clock on the wall that read 1:00 in the afternoon. The battle would be starting around now if what Sam told me was accurate.

I should be there, but I had to go and get pregnant...

The worry started to really kick in. The pack would be there, and what if one of them didn't make it out? I never would've gotten to say goodbye.

What if Jake got hurt? Would I be able to feel it? Would it hurt me too? I really needed to get out of my head, before I let my thoughts get the best of me.

"What should we do?" I lifted my shirt up, rubbing my stomach. I sighed, wishing I'd went with my sister at this point. There was no way I could sit here all night and not lose my mind.

The sound of my phone ringing had me leaping up to grab it off of the coffee table, instantly flipping it open.

"Hello?"

"Athena? I'm just calling to check in on you." Emily answered. I huffed, a little disappointed that it wasn't a certain bloodsucker, but stayed on the phone anyway.

"Have you heard anything?"

"Not yet. I'm sure the guys are fine, hopefully. Sam told me you were staying home and sitting this one out." She replied.

"Yeah. Apparently since I'm pregnant, I'm now made of glass." I scoffed, standing up and going over to the window.

"You know that they just want to make sure you and your baby are safe Athena, that's all. Besides, I'm sure you're not missing out on much." She reassured.

"Thanks Emily. I'm gonna try to take a nap, but I'll see you later tonight." I hung up, shoving my phone into my jean pocket.

Maybe if I slept for a few, I'd wake up and everything would be over with. No more waiting, worrying, or sitting here bored out of my mind while everyone else fought for their lives.

A nap sounded nice.

-

'Athena'

An echo of a voice woke me from a not so deep sleep. I opened my eyes, blinking slowly so that my eyes adjusted to the faint light coming from the window.

'Athena, he needs you'

Again, the familiar male voice echoed through my head. I winced, palming my forehead as a dull sharp pain shot through my brain.

'Hurry.'

I sat up, a little to fast. I instantly felt a wave of nausea and rushed off of my bed over to the small trash bin next to my vanity. I threw up, wiping ny mouth with the back of my hand afterward. My eyes widened when I saw a red streak come off onto my pale russet skin.