3.1

-

My night, for the most part after Paul left, was uneventful. I sat against the headboard of my bed with my laptop on my lap, watching The Labyrinth with a large bowl of chips to my right. My lights were off, the only source of light being the raspberry scented candle on my nightstand. After Paul made it very clear that my room smelled like bloodsucker, even though Jasper hadn't been here in a couple of days.

"What a nightmare." I sighed, closing the laptop. I couldn't even focus on my favorite movie without feeling stressed...all I really wanted was to relax just for one night.

My graduation night nonetheless.

Images of Jacob's face flashed through my mind. His smile, his chocolate colored eyes, or that proud look he got on his face whenever he spoke about the Rabbit he worked on constantly. Lately, I'd been thinking about him a lot. Our relationship was basically non-existant ever since he found out about the baby, and it was killing me day by day.

He hated me.

Actually, I doubt he could physically hate me even if he wanted to because of the imprint...but I could tell that he most definitely wanted to.

"You're upset."

"You would be too if you were in my position and could actually process emotion." I rolled my eyes, setting the laptop aside.

"I can process emotion, just everybody else's better than my own." He corrected with his smooth southern accent.

"Should I even bother asking you to leave?" I sighed, unsurprised that he was once again in my room. It was almost as if I could sense him by now, which was enough to creep me out alone.

"And let you sit here alone on your graduation night? What kind of gentleman would that make me, Miss Swan?" He mused, closing my window behind him.

"What are you doing?"

He didn't reply, his amber eyes and golden hair catching my eye in the dark. Jasper took slow, light steps toward my bed- as I sat there, still and cautious.

"Aren't you suppose to be at that party at your house with the rest of the school?"

When he stood beside the bed, his hands held together behind his back, our eyes met.  My heart raced, and the familiar feeling of my blood rushing through my veins clouded my thought process. We stayed locked in on eachother, his face as cool and relaxed as ever and my nerves jumping to much to hide how his presence affected me.

"Yes. But I'm here, instead. Is that alright with you Miss Swan?"

"Jasper-"

I audibly gasped when our position changed, and he was hovering above me in a flash with one of my wrists pinned to the bed- my other hand clutching the blanket between us. I should've been fucking terrified, or instinctively shifted if I sensed any actual danger- but all I felt was my heart beating out of my chest.

No words were exchanged. Our eyes never left eachothers, with our faces inches apart from one another. His hand holding my wrist was cold, but the combination of my heated skin and the almost electric volts the contact caused made it bearable. Just as something compelled me to lean my head up in the slightest, hoping for some unfathomable reason that if I got just a half an inch closer our lips would touch, it felt like cold water splashed all over me.

And I woke up.

Instantly, I felt eyes on me and I jolted up from my curled up position to see Edward and my sister standing in my doorway. My breathing steadied, and I had no doubt that I was blushing after the dream I just had that felt so real.