Mission 19: Battle for Kuoh! Part 1

While out in the middle of the day, walking around the forest of Vergil and his teams last known whereabouts, Damien and Lucille were looking in every direction. 

Damien: Where could they go? We need to catch up.

Lucille: They're already ahead of us. But Vergil is with them, they'll be fine. 

Damien: It's not that. It's what Azazel told us, remember?

Lucille: Yeah, I do. Till this very moment. 

--

Last Night

Azazel: I only thought it was false conjecture, but until I found out about Valper Galilei... That was when I figured out it wasn't. 

Damien: What do they plan on using the Holy Swords for? 

Azazel: The bastard wants to start another war. By doing that, he wants to use the Holy Swords power to destroy Kuoh as we know it. 

Lucille: What?!

Azazel: Shocker, I know. As a Fallen Angel, I'd normally would take the fault in leaving Kokabiel to these terms, and by behalf the Grigori is too. I think it would be a fair call if we would strike an alliance. You take down Kokabiel by any means necessary, preferably alive, and I'll provide you my support for whatever you'll need. Easy deal. 

Damien: How will you know if you won't stab us in the back?

Kuroka: *giggles* My dear, if he were to backstab you, he would've done so. Besides, he's a ongoing kind of guy... Though not my type, he played a part in watching over me during my criminal days. 

Azazel: Oh come on, Kuroka. You turned me down just because you have "standards".

Kuroka: Shut it. 

Vali: Point being, Damien... If you don't take this deal, you'll have a harder time with whom you're up against. It's best if you know everything beforehand. 

Lucille: ... We should take this deal. 

Damien: ... Fine.

Azazel: I should warn you two. He has stolen one of my creations that I truly value. And he plans on using it on destroying this town. I admire this blade as well as it's origin. And I do hope the original user finds it amusing.

Lucille: ... 

--

Present Day

Lucille: It's hard to unpack it all... Wanting to destroy this little town? *grips Devil Bringer* It's hard to bare it all, but I can't let it happen. I'm going to save this town too... Not just because it's my home, but people here who I have met and befriended... They're like family too. 

Damien: ... Lucille.

Looking at her eyes filled with daggers, Damien was very tensed at her determination. He turned back forward and kept himself silent. 

Damien: 'She's right... And I understand too. Most people I've met here... I view them as a family. I can never lose them.'... Huh?

Both come to a stop as they see blood on the ground. Looking ahead, they see Irina up against the tree, covered in blood and half naked with her clothes tattered.