"No, I love your hair. You're more than I could ever wish for, I just didn't know you considered me your- I didn't know it was official..."

Lei scoffed. "Do you think I'd just act like this with anyone?" Suddenly a memory flashed before him. He tried his best to hide his panic from Rory. Hours before, I had kissed Maxine... Oh god, how could I forget? It's okay, it was just an impulse, it was just a kiss, it didn't mean anything. WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

"No, you can't, because you're my boyfriend now." Rory rubbed his chin jokingly. "Hmm, I've never had one of those before. Do you come with instructions?" Lei giggled incredulously, sweeping away his thoughts.

"Let's just go have breakfast already." Before he even set foot on the floor he hesitantly crawled back into bed. "Nevermind..."

"What?" Rory asked, already heading for the door.

"How do I put this? I don't really have food." Rory's eyes narrowed with sympathy.

"Lei,"

"We have a lot to catch up on, don't we? It's okay though! I have money now, we can eat in the city, I can't wait to show you everything."

"Yes, but tell me first, are you taking care of yourself? I can tell you lost weight. When was your last meal?"

"I had pizza yesterday... What I did while you were gone doesn't matter, I promise I'll be healthy now." Rory frowned.

"You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" He hadn't in a few weeks, Lei couldn't believe he knew that.

"How did you-"

"The scars on your legs, I know what those look like." There was a loud silence. Every time Rory tried to ask about his well-being Lei dodged the topic. At the start of their relationship, it wasn't very reassuring to think that they wouldn't have that honesty and trust, but surely he could fix that, right?

Lei rubbed his face in frustration and let out a sigh. "I think there are a lot of things that you still don't understand about me, just like there are things that I don't understand about you, but that's part of our relationship isn't it? If that's something you wish for then I can promise that I won't do it again. It's not easy for me to open up, please just be patient with me."

"Lei, I love you. It's obvious that I want you to be well, it's what I want the most. I'm new to this, I don't even think I've liked someone before. I just want you to be honest with me, I need you to trust me. Know that you can tell me anything, you can't just keep everything pent up."

Lei said nothing more while walking up to him and extending his arms. He avoided eye contact but Rory held him tightly. They had hugged before, but this was different. This hug felt like an apology, it felt like something you had waited for too long.

He didn't want to move. The pressure felt so soothing and safe, it was foreign and almost uncomfortable. Rory thought he was reaching for him but instead, he grabbed the closet handle and squirmed away from his grasp.

"That's enough sentimentality, there's a world out there waiting for you. I don't know what you're gonna wear though,"

"DO I LOOK THAT FAT TO YOU? I cannot keep tolerating these insults." Lei glowered, ignoring him.

"We're the same size in everything, except shoes, and my pants might look like capris on you-" He put his hand over his mouth but failed to suppress his laugh. Rory however, didn't seem amused.

He reached in and looked through the color-coded rack (color meaning black, grey, and green.) "Is there anything not emo?" Lei pounced toward the closet and shoved him away from his clothes.