Chapter 14

Lei awoke to the sunlight across his face, caressing his rosy cheeks and nose. He tried to block it with his hand before looking around drowsily. He found himself on the couch as he spotted Rory making breakfast.

The smell of pancake batter filled his nostrils while he rubbed his eyes. "Can you remind me what happened last night again?" Rory turned his head over his shoulder with the pan in his hand.

"Oop, I Didn't see you get up, Sleeping Beauty. Was the couch uncomfortable?" Lei walked up to him to take a peek at breakfast, ignoring his attitude.

"Nope, I was knocked out. I seriously don't remember how we got home." Rory laughed.

"You fell asleep on me at the beach. I didn't know what to do. We were listening to music, then you talked about your childhood, and just... Passed out. So I had to carry you and your big, stinky, shoes all the damn way to the fair entrance and then Lizu helped me open a portal to get here." Lizu glared at Lei angrily, making a noise similar to a growl.

"When I put you on the couch you started complaining about your clothes being too tight. I tried to ignore you, but you wouldn't shut up. Your things are in the Dryer."

Lei stuttered. "I- I what?" Rory rolled his eyes and flipped the pancake over.

"Did you think your pajamas put themselves on?"

"Yeah, I guess I did think that."

Rory flopped a pancake on the plate and topped it with strawberries. "There. Eat to see if your brain fog clears up." Lei looked up at Rory like a puppy being scolded.

"Thank you," Rory smirked.

"You're welcome."

He took a big bite after drenching it with maple syrup. "MMM! WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT MAKING FOOD? MAN, THAT'S DELICIOUS." Rory giggled.

"I know."

"Okay so basically, Lizu finally appeared, you carried me home, and you're saying I told YOU to help me take off my clothes because they were too uncomfortable?"

"Yes, precisely. You're quite a wreck in your sleep." Rory said, looking dead serious.

"AND you took the time to wash my clothes?" He nodded.

"Yup." There was a long pause.

"I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you... Why didn't you wake me though?" Rory took a bite after carefully cutting his stack of pancakes into squares.

"You'd get scared. Plus, it's incredibly difficult to wake you up."

Lei frowned. "I'll work extra, you can come home early."

"Nah, I have a better idea." Lei gulped.

"What would that be?" He asked shakily as Rory came close to his face.

"I'll teach you how to make the product."

That seemed fair enough to Lei. After all, He was always curious how he made the essences, or how and when exactly he managed to do it without him seeing.

"Okay!" He responded.

"You're up for it?" He asked, pointing at him with the fork, menacingly. "Yeah, I've always wondered how you make them. It's almost as if each scent had a spell to match its name." Rory grinned looking at him with mischievous eyes.

"What?" Lei asked. "What?!" He asked again, slightly annoyed.

"You figured it out! That's what."

"No way. Seriously?" He nodded.