Chapter 6

Rory woke up to the ring of his alarm with the weight of a strange object over his face. He squinted as he sat up. "LEI, WHAT THE HECK MAN? GET YOUR FOOT OFF MY FACE. WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING LIKE THAT AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BUNK?!"

Still half asleep, Lei mumbled. "Relax, fluffy, rainbow kitty. We can just sleep and cuddle forever! The real world sucks." Rory burst out laughing as he recorded Lei for future blackmail. Now with a bit more compassion, he gently shook Lei's shoulder to wake him up.

"Hey, come on. We have to go to work. Lei! Get up, come on."

He rubbed his eyes and looked around disorientedly. His ears turned red when he realized where he had ended up last night.

"What? How did I- I'm so sorry, I do weird things in my sleep, I didn't mean to come down here..."

Rory tried to stay serious but his laugh got the best of him, making Lei feel even more uncomfortable. "It's fine, I guess. It doesn't bother me. Although... You simply don't fit. You sleep in weird positions, and I brought this bed over for a reason."

"Yes, of course. I didn't mean to."

"I had already taken you up there once last night. You passed out while we were watching the show."

"Sorry about that..." Rory shook his head.

"You're fine. I have this, so it was worth it." He said, showing Lei the video he had taken minutes ago.

"HEY!" He protested. "Why did you take that?! It's so embarrassing!" Rory shrugged with a devilish grin. As much as he wanted to be upset, he didn't have nearly enough energy to argue. All he could do was sit there and stare at Rory who was fixing the curls of his ginger hair.

"You're not gonna get to work by watching me, Lei. Go wash your face, and do me the favor of putting on some lip balm, please. Your lips are so chapped."

As they left the apartment, Rory prepared to tell Lei his master plan for the day. "Hey," Lei turned to him attentively.

"Hm?"

"I have... AN IDEA!"

From Lei's experience, Rory's ideas weren't always the best ones. "What kind of idea?" He asked.

"Well, It's complicated." Lei gulped at the thought of something disastrous. "Do you think maybe after work, you'd wanna come to my tattoo appointment with me?" Lei was distracted, staring at the cracks in the ground as they walked through the streets.

"Yeah, ta- TATTOO?! You're kidding right?" Rory giggled nervously.

"Yeah, no. I'm not kidding." Lei drew his hand to his face with a sigh.

"Why in the world, would you get a tattoo right now?"

"I dunno, they're cool. And I saved up some money. Why not?" Lei shook his head in disappointment.

"We could spend that money on food and other things we need for the house!"

"Everything will be just fine! I've been planning to get them since before I even met you." Lei took a deep breath.

"I guess I can't tell you what to do." Rory smiled victoriously.

"You... Do you like tattoos?" Lei hesitated.

"Uhm, yes, I do, actually."

"Well, why don't we get one together?" Lei looked at him like he was out of his mind. Getting a matching tattoo with someone he'd known for only weeks? It seemed like a wild idea, but not a bad one...

"I'm guessing your silence means no? It's totally fine, no pressure." Lei shook his head vigorously.

"No, No, of course not. I was just... Thinking." After what Lei considered a careful consideration, he had made his decision.

Love My WingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara