Chapter 9

Lei squinted in confusion, wondering why Rory was shaking his head in disbelief He saw a boy about his height walking over. Beautiful, blue, iridescent wings that matched his baby blue and white outfit. Curly locks just like Rory's but in a glimmering silver blonde. Bell-bottomed, beige plaid, pants. A short blue tank top with lace straps and platform black and white dress shoes.

"No way, it can't be you," Rory's eyes widened as he turned to face the boy. 

"Who the hell else would it be?!" The boy exclaimed while holding a shovel in his other hand. He seemed to be actively planting something in Meredith's garden.

They both sprinted and flew into each other's tight embrace. "HONEYPIE!" Rory shouted. Lei stood with a priceless, confused expression as he watched them. He thought, Who the heck is this guy? And why are they both just as crazy?

Lei examined them head to toe, and couldn't help but notice their similarities. Huh... Same hair, same flamboyant sense of fashion, same personality, same loud, exaggerated voices. What's going on here?

"I THOUGHT YOU WOULD NEVER COME BACK, WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME, DUDE?!" Rory cried.

"I'M SORRY, BABY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO LEAVE YOU! We've talked about this, but now I have my diploma and a new apartment, so it's all good." The boy replied as Rory nuzzled his head into his chest.

It was funny to Lei how Rory was fluttering at a lower height so he wouldn't be taller. "Come on, Rory, stop crying, you're gonna get my shirt full of boogers." Rory whimpered.

"How do you expect me not to cry? You abandoned me!" The boy laughed as he changed the subject.

"Who's that down there? Your friend?" Rory distractedly wiped his snot and tears away with his arm. He had completely forgotten about Lei 

"Who?" he replied in a deep voice. His face had a sudden change as if nothing had happened and his antennae flashed up.

"OH, I HAVE TO INTRODUCE YOU TWO! HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT YOUR EXISTENCE?" The boy laughed awkwardly, while Lei had an even more awkward, forced smile.

Rory came down clumsily as the other boy flew gracefully behind him. Meanwhile, Rory had dashed to grab Lei splashing mud from the garden everywhere. I guess they do have some differences. Lei thought as Rory was shaking him.

"I'm SO glad you guys get to meet each other, you're gonna love him! Lei, this is my brother, Radir, A.K.A Honeypie. BUT OF COURSE, YOU CAN'T CALL HIM THAT BECAUSE HE'S MINE, HAHAHAHA,"

Radir laughed nervously as Rory bumped foreheads menacingly with Lei. "Got it?" Lei gulped with Rory millimeters away from his face.

"Yes."

"Good! Radir, this is Lei. We met just after you left, but that's a whole other story. I'll go make some tea because you need to drink tea to hear the tea." Radir reached out to shake his hand.

"So this is the Lei you talk about so much! Nice to meet you." Lei was nervous. He wondered if his hand was sweaty. The mere idea of it gave him chills. Meeting new people was always a challenge for him.

"N-Nice to meet you..." He mumbled as he flushed.

"You get to see him in his prime state. Strawberry. That's his nickname." Radir covered his laugh with his hand while Lei gave Rory a nasty look.

"Oh wait, that reminds me, I brought you your favorite treat!" Rory's eyes glittered as he held both of Radir's hands and gasped.

"STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COOKIES?!" Radir nodded.

"Mhm."

"Thank you, hehe."

"You're welcome, love." He replied.