Chapter 8

Birds chirping, a lovely breeze that was making the trees and plants sound like a song, and the bright sunlight kissing their skin. A utopia, if you will. But it was about to get a lot less charming...

Rory awoke alarmed, and panting. Why am I here? How? He checked on Lei who was also scared from the abrupt push Rory had given him while looking around in concern.

"Wha- What happened?" Rory scratched his head nervously.

"I'm not sure, but my head is POUNDING."

"Same. I feel like a mountain is stabbing through my skull," Lei replied while massaging his temples.

"I can't remember anything... The last thing I remember was leaving the tattoo shop." They explained their confusion to each other, unaware that they were being watched.

"I know! Maybe we got abducted by aliens that erased our memories." Lei said, convinced that his theory was perfectly believable.

"Yeah, I don't think so."

The creature dashed in front of them and they both yelled in shock. "WHAT THE-" Rory shouted.

It squinted before lightly striking them across the face, making them enter a trance.

They saw everything that had happened last night in a foggy recap. Almost like a dream or a vision. They suddenly snapped back into reality when it was over.

"Did you see that?" Rory asked. Lei nodded, dumbfounded by what they had just seen.

"We're-"

"Screwed."

The creature looked down at them as if it were happy to see them. "Did you do that?" Lei asked.

"LIZU!" It replied. They both tilted their heads in confusion.

"Lizu?"

"Maybe that's its name... Lizu." Lei suggested.

"Oh, I didn't think about that. Lizu? Is that... Your name?" Lizu somersaulted in the air as it wiggled its antennae.

"Yeah! See, Rory? I knew it!" Rory laughed in response.

"I guess you did! So, Lizu. What exactly are you?" Lizu softly brushed its paws over both of their eyes to close them before closing its own. Lizu seemed to communicate through the mind, it could make them see whatever it wanted them to see.

The vision showed a piece of paper that read: I am here to help you find what you are looking for. They opened their eyes abruptly, in slight shock.

"You saw that too, right?" Rory asked.

"Yes..."

Lei came forward, cautiously approaching Lizu. "May I touch you?" Lizu's grinning expression remained unchanged at the question. "I'll take that as a yes?"

He delicately scooped Lizu into his arms. "You are here to help us find what we're looking for?" Rory asked but Lizu simply blinked. "Do you know what we're looking for, Lei?" Lei giggled happily, unconcerned with Rory's question. The only thing concerning him was Lizu's cuteness.

"I have no clue! But whatever it is, I want to find it!"

Rory immersed himself in thought.

"Well, no matter what we're looking for, it is surely not those damn mushrooms. PLEASE remind me to never eat random things in the forest again." Lei rolled his eyes incredulously.

"I did, you idiot. You didn't listen to me!" Rory patted Lizu's head completely ignoring Lei's claims.

"Hey Rory, what if we took Lizu home? Don't you think we need some company?" Lizu looked at Rory with sparkling eyes as it rested in his arms.