Chapter 31 | Prom [Part II]

"Oh for craps sake. You're not dying again, are you? It's seriously inconvenient when you do that."

— P.C. Cast

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 31 | Prom [Part II]

"Can I just be the first to say that this dress is seriously tight and restraining with the bonus quality of itchy." complains Victoria.

"Well at least I wasn't the one being a prick and encouraging others to go to prom." I say ignoring Victoria's whining and moaning as I scroll through my feed on instagram.

"You can't be the one complaining Kira, you look stunning and aren't trying to pull your hair out."

My dress was pretty simple but it looked like I was going to a funeral which I suppose I was going to since it was my good evening with Netflix and popcorn's death.

It was a plain sleeveless black dress which stopped a little above mid thigh and was covered by black lace from my waist which reached my ankles where I wore a pair of black gladiator sandals.

"So how you going today? What fancy and extravagant evening has Drew planned for you today."

"You know Drew, he doesn't give any substantial details for anything. I'm just waiting for him to surprise me like he usually does. What about you? How are you going."

"Subway. I'm going the classic way." I say with a chuckle."

"No way. How's Jace going, does he even have a date? Go with him or something because I forbid you to go by the subway. How about you pitch in with us." she says.

"You've asked that a million times. No I will not pitch in with you guys, I am not gate crashing your evening with Drew and I haven't spoke to Jace since last week so I don't know anything about what he's doing or if he has a girl to hook up with, it's none of my business."

"How do you not talk to a person you live in the same house with, that is practically impossible and it's all of your business if he's hooking up with another girl who isn't you."

"He's my freaking ex, Victoria. We have broken up!" I yell.

"Same shit girl."

"That's it, I'm calling Drew. He's taking too long." I say dialing the number into my phone.

But I guess he beats me to it because the next thing I know, the door bell rings and Victoria is out of the door in a fancy Limo.

"Please help me Jesus!" I yell, shaking my fist at the sky.

"You called?" Luke says, walking into my room and laying on my bed.

"You're not Jesus heck you're not even sixteen." I say irritated.

"I'm better than Jesus, sister dear."

I raise an eyebrow in his direction.

"Ok I'll leave now. Gosh give me a break."

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was happy to say that I reached school safely and wasn't raped on the way. I never liked the subway, there were creepy hobos and sweaty people there. I'm not saying I've never used the subway before, it's just that I prefer to walk, and maybe stay alive.

The school gym was lit up with bright lights and heart shaped balloons littered the floor as students began to pour into the gym, hand in hand with their significant someone or simply their one night stand.