Chapter 11 | Beach Day

"I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You."

- Ally Carter, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, Gallagher Girls, Book #1

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11 | Beach Day

In the morning, I woke up, as usual, looking like a dump.

Nothing new for me.

I didn't mind though because it was nothing I couldn't fix that in about a half hour. The only bad thing about today was that my door was open, and Jace was leaning against it.

"Morning, Sunshine.'' he said with a smirk "Someone's up early awfully early and by early I mean noon.''

''GET OUT OF MY ROOM BEFORE I PUNCH YOU" was my only reply, which I said while jumping out of bed.

The only thing I didn't realise was that I had slept in a crop top which exposed my stomach and mini shorts which didn't cover much either and Jace was staring.

So, I did the only obvious thing. You know the basics, pounce on the guy, push him down and show him no mercy.

The most hilarious thing though was that when I did that, he screamed like a girl: high pitched, loud and eardrum bursting.

"Man, Kira, you are really strong. I mean, for a girl. And, also one of the very few who can look hot while doing so, and by the way a simple good morning would be fine thank you''

''Oh you did not just do that, Jace Ryder you are such a sexist ass." I replied, and then punched him.

"Chill, sunshine, I just wanted to check wether you wanted to go to the beach with me and the guys, bring anyone you want, even though I already know who."

Yeah sure, why not. What harm could come from a simple day at the beach and anyways after yesterday I need something to make my mind off those horrible events.

"Yeah that sounds like fun, just give me some time to shower and do stuff."

''Yeah sure, I'll be downstairs if you need anything.'' then, my conscience walked in for a conversation.

Conscience: What. Was. That. Are my ears wrong, or did he just ask you out on a date?

Me: Welllllll... I reall don't know, with hot guys. But no obviously Drew, Adam and Victoria are pitching in.

Brain: Is he like Eric? is he not like Eric? is he like Eric? is he not like Eric?

Me: Oh shut up, he is not like Eric and besides he has no interest in me and I have no interest in him. Oh and by the way, he has a nam, it's Jace. He is really sweet ok and as far as I know I have control over you so you need to shut up and stop criticizing my friends.

Conscience: You do know that I'm a part of you and you're thinking of all these negative things.

Me: I. Don't. Care.

So I got ready, packed a beach bag with some necessary items I would probably need and others not so much.

When I went to the kitchen, Luke, Annalise and Jace were flipping eggs and laughing about something I didn't know about.

Jace was wearing surf shorts and a Ripcurl shirt and had packed a bag with snacks.

He. Was. Staring.

"Hey, Sunshine, nice T shirt you got there.''

''Excuse me?''

''What, I can't complement you or say anything nice? Standard manners, amateur.''