Chapter 17 | The Results

"Right. Because if you have trouble putting ketchup and mustard on a hot dog, you should totally move on to saving lives."

- Huntley Fitzpatrick, My Life Next Door, My Life Next Door, book #1

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17 | The Results

🌙J A C E P O V🌙

Drinking, truth or dare and parties were not my cup of tea. I could say that through experience since I had just gone all three of them, over and over again.

Here's a piece of advise to all you kids out there who are going to go to high school or have just started: getting high sucks. Parties suck. Truth or dare sucks. Getting out of the house sucks and especially wearing button down shirts, those are the worst.

"Oohh the sky is so shiny, with all the twinkly stars and the pretty moon." Kira gushed.

Here ladies and gentlemen is an example of someone who should never get drunk.

I sigh lightly. "Kira what have you done to yourself."

"I enjoyed myself and danced and I-I didn't die." She looks up at me with a content face, obviously proud of herself, "did you enjoy yourself Jace?"

I thought for a moment and nod. "Yeah, I had a lot of fun with you tonight."

I was holding Kira in my arms and walking home around midnight because someone had a bright idea of walking ten blocks.

Who's idea was it anyway?

Wait. It was mine.

Kira had one of her hands lightly placed around my neck and the other flailing around behind her.

In a little while after finishing the Pokemon theme song and explaining why my little pony is badass, Kira had finally tired out a bit and was trying not to fall asleep.

"Oh my god your hair is so soft, how do you make it so soft. I use Dove but mine never gets this soft." She said running her free hand through my hair.

This was getting weirder by the second.

"Um, I'm n-not quite sure." I stammered awkwardly as we continued to walk.

"Jace." Kira chirped, "please put me down, I wanna walk home."

I laugh and look over at Kira who still looked highly drunk. "Yeah, no. Is there any other stupid thing you'd like to do tonight."

"I'd like to look at all the pretty stars in the sky."

I halted abruptly and raised an eyebrow at Kira. "That's not stupid but what is, is that you want to do it in a dress."

"I want a puppy." She slurred.

"Ok, stargazing in a pretty dress it is then."

"Yay." She yelled childishly, "let's go lay under that tree over there."

And that was exactly what I did.

"What's that? What constellation is that?"

We were sitting under an oak tree at two a.m looking at constellations and I felt like I was back in the fourth grade with Elliot.

Weird? No not at all.

"That's Leo, I think. Not so sure though." I say scratching my head in confussion.

"No silly. Leo's the name of my cousin in France, he can't be in the stars. You're so dumb Jace."

"We should get home now." I concluded.