Chapter 4: Old is Gold

Biosyn Valley (Dolomite Mountains, Italy)

A man with short black hair, brown eyes, a lab coat, and blue pants walked down the aisles of the Biosyn HQ. He was being summoned to a sort of meeting. Hopefully it'll be quick so he can get back to his work.

While walking, he looked out into the valley through the windows. He can barely see a large two legged carnivore with a row of spikes on its back. His boss was very proud of this creature, but in the man's eyes it was little more than a footnote. A flawed creation that will be outdone by the next. Of course, he doesn't want his superiors to know what he thinks about it, but that thing is far from perfect.

This man was a geneticist. The company's best in fact, but recently he hasn't had much luck. Some of his plans haven't gone as smoothly as he wanted to and he's wondering if he'll even be able to get the approval he needs for his next project. Which will hopefully bring about a breakthrough in his research.

He stopped when he saw automated doors nearby. He pulled out his ID and scanned it through a scanner right beside the doors. The doors moved aside as he walked into the room.

It was a fairly large room. At the right side of the room was a gigantic skull replica of some kind of carnivorous dinosaur. This one in particular was the exact creature the geneticist was looking at earlier.

At the middle of the room, there sat an elderly man at a desk. He had short, grey hair, dark blue eyes, glasses, a black jacket, a dark purple undershirt and black pants. This was the company's CEO, he had his hands rested on the desk and gestured for the geneticist to approach. And he proceeded, albeit with a sense of hesitance.

"Sit down, Henry." The CEO requested calmly.

The geneticist did as his boss instructed him to do. He used to work for InGen. However, after the fall of Jurassic World and his demotion he sought out other sources that could further his research. One of those sources happened to be Biosyn which supplied him with enough resources to continue experimenting with his ideas.

It was Henry Wu. Former lead geneticist of Jurassic World and the creator of almost every single hybrid that has ever graced the earth.

"Sir, if this is about the stock market, I'd rather not tackle that kind of thing. I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to the subject." Henry started.

"Your job doesn't need to be concerned with stock. It's doing good actually. But that's not why I called you here." The CEO, Lewis Dodgson free responded.

"Then, what is it, sir?" Henry asked.

"Tell me, remember when I requested for the creation of your 'Ravager Squad'? Did it ever occur to you that there has been no sign of them ever since you sent them on that mission to get rid of I-9?" Lewis interrogated.

"Y-yes, well. I'm sure they'll turn up eventual-" Henry was stopped dead in his tracks when his superior tapped the desk.

He may be this company's lead geneticist, but he can be easily replaced if they find someone who is as good as he is. Maybe even someone better than him who can be more reliable.

"It's been eight months, doctor. Not a single one has been seen. In fact, George has told me that you had a theory that one of  your hybrids, Nemesis, hijacked the plan and destroyed the remote that controlled all of the hybrid's shock collars." Lewis interjected.

Henry gulped. He was just theorizing based on what he could understand from that event. Part of the reason he thought it was Nemesis was because of his hatred for the hybrid's stubbornness at times. He just assumed it had to be him considering how rebellious he used to be. He didn't think anyone would take him seriously.