Chapter 1: Tides of Fury

The city of San Francisco was one of the few places in the world where there thankfully wasn't too much dinosaur activity. Most of what was seen near the city were smaller dinosaurs like Compsegnathus and Microraptors. With the occasional Parasaurolophus passing by but people didn't mind then since they're very docile when it comes to humans. Unless a group of Compsegnathus come across a lone human, that's a completely different story.

A tour boat was gliding through the water, taking guests to go watch some whales. There wasn't any danger in the area that they were aware of since Pterosaurs weren't around.

The boat rocked from side to side when the waves were crashing against it. It was 2:00 PM in the afternoon and they haven't seen a whale just yet.

Some of the guests were lined up on the sides of the ship waiting to see some of the aquatic mammals. Some may find whales boring because they're not as fearsome as sharks but they don't really need to be in most cases. People like watching them because they're mostly calm in nature and don't mind being observed.

On the helm of the ship was the captain, Sharron Willis. Along with her chief mate, Casey Leeds.

"No sign of em', cap. That's strange." Casey noted.

"Yeah. Should've seen at least one humpback by now or something." Sharron replied.

"Who knows, maybe they're on a day off in Hawaii." Casey joked.

"You sure you're talking about the whales and not yourself wanting to take a day off in Hawaii?" The captain raised an eyebrow.

"Well, after what happened two years ago. Not exactly sure if I wanna step foot in there." Casey answered.

In 2018, there was a incident that occured when a surfer was riding a wave. He was suddenly pulled under the waves once they plummeted down. They labeled it as a freak accident but in reality it wasn't caused by the waves.

When reviewing footage, the authorities noted that there was a shape in the wave that indicated that the man wasn't knocked out. He was eaten. At first they thought it was a shark that did it but it's not common for them to swim inside of waves in order to eat humans. If it was a shark then it might've died once the waves crashed down.

What was seen instead though, would make people think twice before entering any body of water connected to the ocean. Right before the surfer was killed, the investigators saw a greyish blue animal tearing through the waves. They couldn't see it's whole body but what they did see was the front of it's snout.

It was a sea monster in every sense of the word. From the shadow they saw within the wave, this definitely was no shark and to top it all off. It was almost as big as a whale.

"Can't blame you. Wouldn't want to swim in a place with a Kaiju patrolling it." Sharron said.

"Technically it's not a Kaiju, but that's one way of putting it. Wonder where that thing is now." Casey looked out into the bay.

Whatever that monstrous thing was, it seems to have a set pattern for where it would go to from month to month. It first entered Hawaii, then it entered the Californian Coast. It has been repeating the process for two years now. It's why the government has issued warnings in Hawaii to not enter the water on specific months to avoid more deaths.

Ever since Casey first saw that thing on the news, he felt like he wanted to quit his job just so he could avoid that thing. Although thankfully it hasn't entered San Francisco yet which is a relief since most of it's hunting seems to have moved to the open ocean in recent months.

Suddenly, a huge burst of air came up and it made Casey and the captain turn to it's direction.

All of the guests turned over to the left side of the ship to see what was going on. And before them was the longest animal to have ever lived. Even longer than some of the largest dinosaurs.