𝐢𝐢𝐢:

"OKAY SO, THIS WEEK you all have been learning the deceiving tactics, am I right?" Castellan started, and I rolled my eyes at the choruses of 'yes' and 'yeah'

"So today, me and Callaghan will be demonstrating some of it." I huff, pulling my hair into a ponytail. Teaching them history was quite alright, because I liked the subject, but training weeks? Absolutely despised them.

That's why I got out of leading the lessons every training week, but I wasn't able to do so this one.

"But, will it be fair, Luke? You're the greatest swordsman in the camp and I haven't seen her train, ever." Some newer kid says, making me roll my eyes, "I'll be fine kid, trust me."

The older kids immediately go wide-eyed. They knew that I focused rather on my telekinesis than physical training. Not a lot of people at the camp ever saw me perform it, but they knew of it.

But everyone knew not to underestimate me. Or at least I thought so.

"No mind juju, Callaghan." The teenager in front of me said and I let a smirk rest on my lips. I did say that I despised leading training lessons, but deceiving tactic ones? They were my favourite. Maybe that's why I didn't try as hard as usual to get out of leading this lesson.

"If you say so," I shrugged. I see his brows knitted a bit.

One of the kids that I happen to know the name of, Cassy, gives me a sword, sending a smile to me. Did I think that kids were annoying and Hade's spawns? Yes. But did I possibly favour Cassy over the rest of the cabin? Yes.

At first, we started circling each other as he spoke, "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." That made me scoff, "Oh? Is that so?"

He lunged first, and I blocked it. It wasn't as smooth as I wanted to, but seeing that I hadn't picked up a sword in over at least three months, I was good.

I attacked him, which he was able to deflect easily. Then we switched again, he came at me, I blocked him, not so smoothly, again.

This went on for a minute, before I attacked him, but instead of defending, he swiped my leg making me fall to the ground.

A simultaneous, 'ouch' was heard as my back hit the ground and I hid my smirk, not letting him to catch on that it was exactly what I wanted him to do.

"Okay, so we'll go again, this time we'll include the tactics." Said Castilian as he offered his hand to me. Rookie mistake, but expected.

With all my strength I pulled him to the ground beside me, making him join me and drop his sword out of reach. But before I could get on top of him, he spun on top of me, making me trapped.

Our faces were inches apart as he spoke, a smirk resting on his face, "Oh, come on, Ness. Did you seriously think I didn't see it coming?"

I can't help myself, but inhale his scent. I could almost immediately smell wood and... smoke? I didn't know he smoked, I think no one knew. It was actually forbidden, I didn't know that Luke Castellan was such a rule-breaker.

He seemed to be somewhat distracted too, so I used that to my advantage and swiped his palms off the ground, making him lose balance. I quickly get on top of him, and use my telekinesis to get a dagger from the table filled with weapons for training.

"I won," I say, pressing the dagger to his throat.

He chuckled, "You used your powers, you cheated."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh come on, it was never a fair fight."

"Wow, are you praising me, Callaghan? I must say it goes straight to my heart." He said, placing his palm where his heart should be.

The next thing I know, I'm under him again, this time the dagger against my throat. While his one hand held the weapon, his other secured my arms above my head. As I try to wiggle out, he lowers more of his weight on top of my body, keeping me from trying to escape.

"Looks like I won."

Suddenly a throat getting cleaned snapped us back to reality. He quickly got off me, and I stood up from the ground quickly too, both of us dusting ourselves off.

Chiron lifts one of his eyes brows in our direction, in question. But before either of us could respond, Cassy answered for us, "They were demonstrating to us some deceiving tactics."

"Thank you, Cassandra." He smiled sweetly at the little nine year old girl. Okay, so apparently everyone had a soft spot for her.

His eyes landed on the two of us, his soft expression now gone, "Luke, Venessa, with me."

I knit my brows as I quickly take a sip of water, while Castellan speaks, "Okay, for the time being that we're gone I'll leave Flora in charge along with..."

He trailed off as he scanned the kids, so I finished for him, "And the twins."

"NO!" Chiron and Luke practically yelled at the same time, while the Stroll twins' eyes widened, "We accept! We accept!"

"No, no, no! Both of you are not in charge, never you two." He mumbled the last part, but everyone heard. "Jack, you and Flora are in charge."

As we left the training area, Castellan spoke, "Why did you piss off the Cabin 5, again?"

I glance at him, "Why are we talking, Castellan?"

He huffs, "Well, I need to know whether Cabin 11 needs to be wary of the Ares kids or not."

I sigh stopping, "Everyone should always look out of them. But to answer your question, the others are fine, but that doesn't apply to you."

"What? Why?"

I continue walking after Centaur, "Clarisse and her goons wanted to make a deal with me, you know sprinkle some bad luck on who I deem worthy of vengeance. And well, her target was you."

He knitted his brows, "Me? What did I do?" I shrug, "I don't know, don't really care. But I said no to her because I don't do deals involving Cabin 11, unless that person is a real asscorn, or someone of the cabin wants a deal. Anyways, she got mad at me, I suppose." Because I stole my reward, I'm pretty sure that was the reason. But I didn't say that part.

He chuckled. "What?" I asked. He turned to me with a light smile, "I just realised I have never heard you curse because you use those PG friendly words."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, shut up. Plus those who use crude words, normally don't have a wide vocabulary to properly express themselves." I said, turning to face his reaction.

When I said something like that, most people would get angry and curse even more or call me a prude. But instead of doing that, he looked at me with a weird look in his eyes.

Before I could call him out on that, I realised that we were at Mr. D's office.

AUTHORS NOTE
So actually I wrote chapters ii & iii as one, but then decided to split them.

1.2k words

-romanoff