𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟎, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟎, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎
𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋

"I think this night would've been a lot better, if you was here to support me." Desmond said into the phone, speaking to Sade.

"You never know, I just might show up." She said, giving him hope.

Tonight, Desi and Gino were throwing an album release party for their debut album Poison, which was released today. Being that it was just an EP, it didn't take them long to complete all of the songs but it sure felt like it. The long hours in the studio coming up with instrumentals, lyrics, and singing the songs was a lot of work, but it's what they signed up for. Once the label heard it, they instantly liked it and thought it was the kind of music that needed to be put out at this moment in time, in the music business. Every track on the album got a good review from the executives at the label, and though this made the guys feel all cocky, it was really up to the masses.

Though the duo were making their own music at the moment, they were still apart of Sade's band. They liked being with the group but they still wanted to make a name for themselves so they could be known for more than just standing in the background and playing instruments. This was basically their one big shot and needed the public to enjoy their music because if not, they would have no choice but to be stuck in the shadows of the lead singer success.

Desmond wasn't going to let that happen though, he loved working with Sade, but now he wanted to be the one that was front and center.

"Don't be trying to get me all excited knowing damn well you gone be a no show." He told her and the two chuckled as he shook his head. He could understand it was exhausting to constantly travel between the UK and the states, so he didn't expect her to show up for everything. At least she was present when the label was listening to the album, and that was enough "I do hope a lot of folks come out though."

"They will, I'm sure you and Gino already told the whole Chicago that you both were releasing an album." She sarcastically said, though she was some what right knowing how the guys loved to boost about their careers.

"I mean we told a few people and hopefully they did what they do best, spread the word. One thing about the folks around here, they hear about and know everything, so I'm hoping they ass show up to this album release party."

"Quincy told me that he and the guys were coming down to support you two."

"Yeah, I appreciate them for that too and hope they'll bring some of they industry friends or whatever." Desmond said into the phone, knowing it's likely to happen "We know that one negative motherfucker ain't showing up and I'm cool with it. We don't need that kind of energy in the building." He suddenly said and Sade knew he was referring to Stephaun.