𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐈𝐭

November 24, 1988
Chicago, IL

Desmond felt good to be back home, and resting in his own bed while enjoying home cooked meals. He missed his parents and his annoying little brother who couldn't stop begging him for some money here and there, just to go do god knows what with it. Once he got back to Chicago, instead of treating himself to a couple of shopping sprees, he's actually been resting up in his room for a couple of days. Traveling around by planes and vans for four months straight, tired him out like no other.

He was going to get out of bed today though, and enjoy thanksgiving with his family. For majority of the day, most of his family were here preparing the rest of the dinner, causing the house to fill up with the delicious smell. His mom, along with his favorite aunties knew what they were doing in the kitchen. Desi, along with the rest of his cousins couldn't help but to keep sneaking in and outta the kitchen, trying to get a quick bite of what they were preparing.

Squatting down to look at whatever they had cooking in the oven, a empty paper towel roll hit him on the shoulder "If you not helping, I need you to get outta the way." One of his aunts told him, causing Desmond to chuckle being that they seemed extremely busy in here. He indeed wasn't being any help by monitoring the food.

"Hey, favorite auntie." Desmond greeted, as she smiled and pulled him in for a hug.

"You and Devin are getting so big!" She cooed and rubbed his back while he towered over her "Where have you been all day? This your first time coming outta your room?" She asked, now noticing how this was the first time she bumped into him today.

"Yeah, I had to shower and get dressed up in my favorite fit for the day." He boosted and wiped down his shirt, smirking to himself because he knew he looked good. He wore a sky blue nike shirt, with Levi jeans, and blue and white Nike's to match.

His aunt smiled at his attire "You look nice, but you need a little haircut." She told him before rubbing her hand over his fade. Desmond smacked his lips at the comment as she snickered, he didn't take it too serious though, she always picked with him.

"See, now we enemies." Desi shook his head at her.

"We gone be enemies if you don't get out my kitchen while I'm trying to cook." He heard his mother say, trying to squeeze pass him with the pot of collard greens. It was definitely crowded in here, and him standing around wasn't helping anyone.

"Aight, my bad." He said before leaving outta the kitchen completely.

Entering the dining area, his cousins occupied the round table, playing a game of spades. Desmond was so sure that a argument would break out soon, being that it was an intense game to play, dealing with his family. If any of them slapped any money down, then things for sure were gonna get messy.

"Look at this superstar." His cousin, Pierre put him on the spot "Have a seat, Hollywood."

Desi chuckled and shook his head, before sitting down anyway "Hollywood? I'm still the same nigga y'all talk to any other day." He assured them.

They all nodded, not arguing about that fact. Desmond wasn't walking around his family acting like he was king tut now. He was still humble, and as of this moment, it wasn't like he was doing any Hollywood shit anyway.

"We seen you and Gino lil asses in that new Sade video." His other cousin, Tony chimed in.

Desi smirked to himself, thinking back to the night of that video shoot "Yeah, that was fun as hell. We basically got paid to roam around Vegas in suits, looking like the mafia or some shit." He said and they all cackled.