𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬

April 23, 1988
New York City.

"I can't believe you motherfuckers actually going to see the band." Cashmere said, folding his arms as the guys continued fixing theirselves up for the night.

"I told you it was gone happen, you thought I was bullshitting?"

"How y'all get em? I refuse to believe a sane person just handed them over."

"To be honest, they didn't seem that sane to begin with. Two drunk motherfuckers tapped out at the club and we just took them. It was a bet, and they lost." Desmond shrugged like it was nothing.

"They was bold as hell for even stepping in there with them tickets." Gino shook his head and continued tying his shoes.

"That's what I was saying!" Desmond exclaimed and the two finally looked over to see just what he was doing. He sat near the living room table, writing something down on a single piece of paper.

Gino knitted his brows together, peering over his shoulder at his boy "The hell are you doing? Don't tell me you up here writing this lady a love letter." He assumed before bursting out into laughter with Cashmere.

Desi began to fake laugh before waving them off "Fuck y'all this ain't no love letter. I'm just letting her know how much I appreciate her music, imma let her know we artists too."

"What she gone do with that information? Ain't like she some big time record producer." Gino shook his head, having no hope whatsoever for their careers.

"Who gives a shit, she might put in a good word to a certain somebody behind the scenes." Desi explained while shaking his head "Matter fact, hopefully she'll listen for herself." He got up remembering him and Gino brought a couple of CDs along with them.

Being that they loved music with a passion, both decided to work together and make their own mixtape. All they had on their so called album was instrumentals they put together since they played instruments, a couple of freestyles and a dash of poetry. It might not be looked at as something a genius created, but this just might be their ticket into the business. 

Desmond pulled the mixtape from out of his bag, slipping it into the pocket of his jacket. He had a good feeling about all of this.

"Nah for real though, that sound like a good ass idea. She just might hand that over to the right motherfucker."

Gino threw his hands up in surrender "Well shit let's go then, I'm with it."

Both made sure they had everything they needed before heading out the front door, leaving out towards the entrance of the building. The sun was close to setting and like the usual, the streets were still packed. Desi and Gino had a hard time trying to flag down a taxi, mainly because they kept trying to holla at the girls walking up and down the pavement.

After about ten minutes, they finally hopped into a cab and were on their way to the concert. The price of transportation down here wasn't no joke, so the boys made sure they had enough cash on them to travel around for the night. They haven't stepped foot on the subway yet, and hopefully they won't have to for a while. Not after the stories Cashmere decided to share.

They were use to the craziness that took place on the streets of Chicago, but it might've been a different story down here.