𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

July 27, 1988Miami, Florida

July 27, 1988
Miami, Florida

"He's laughing with another girl and playing, with another heart." Sade sung into the mic with that iconic voice and accent, starting up smooth operator.

Desmond swayed to the beat of the song, playing the saxophone while at it. There almost a month into the tour and he still couldn't believe he was playing along side Sade Adu. It was like a dream come true! Desi felt that he played instruments very well, but it's like he's getting even better, the longer he plays them every day. Sade didn't go one day without telling him that either, the same for Gino.

They were even starting to get recognized by fans of the band, receiving love just like the rest of the guys. The autographs and pictures didn't start up yet, but people were mainly excited to meet Sade and that's it. Hopefully that'll change though.

"No need to ask, he's a smooth operator." Sade sung into the mic, continuing the song while Desmond played the sax.

Shortly after, Jeffrey came in with his solo on the bass guitar, earning whistles from the crowd. Sade smirked and slowly walked up to him, matching the bass before kneeling in front of him in a praise like position. Jeff smirked down at her practically praising his skills with the guitar.

Desi grinned at her behavior, hoping he'll get that same treatment one day.

He then came in with the saxophone while Sade continued to bop around the stage to the song, awaiting her next verse. This instrument alone took a lot of energy out of Desmond, but he rather pass out before he fuck up the flow of the music.

Closing out the last song of the set list, the entire venue stood to their feet, applauding the band. Sade walked towards the edge of the stage smiling, squatting down to receive the flowers and gifts fans handed over. Some of them didn't even have anything to give, just wanted to be up on her, and that's when security stepped in.

Her hands were filled with flowers and other things, before she actually backed up with the rest of the band to sit them aside. Like the usual, she proudly went down the line introducing the guys of the band.

Introducing Stephaun first, he bowed to the audience before taking Sade's hand and giving it a kiss. Desmond watched that with a straight face, hoping it was just a friendly gesture between the two and nothing more.

The rest of the guys bowed for the fans while Gino did what he always did, bring Sade in for a hug. She giggled at him doing that every other show, still not use to being in her presence this much. The same went for Desmond too, he was still a big fan of the singer.

When Sade got down to Desmond, she wrapped her arm around his shoulder this time, giving him a warm smile. He wrapped his arm around her waist and brung her closer as she introduced him "On the Saxophone and guitar, we have the lovely Desmond King."