𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐓𝐨 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚

July 8, 1988
Atlanta, Georgia.

The band landed in Atlanta about four hours ago, and the first thing they did was grab some food and head over to their hotel. They made sure to get enough rest before hopping on their flight though. Like the usual, Gino tried to convince Desi to take a edible for the long ride. This time he actually went along with it, not putting too much in his system though. They would be assed out if they ruined their first performance with the band, because they were high outta their mind.

Desi and Gino were more than hyped about being in a new city, the boys weren't used to traveling around the country so they were definitely gonna have some fun while at it. Just like in New York, it would be cool to see how everybody else in different states partied.

The two were mainly here to perform though, for all they know, they could be hopping on a flight to a different destination the moment they exit the venue.

"This bitch sweet!" Desmond cooed, walking into the hotel room he would be sharing with his boy.

Now that they were traveling around with a group like Sade, they seemed to be getting the best of things. One of them being expensive hotel suites. They were about to sleep good at a luxurious hotel in downtown Atlanta, called Loews.

"Bigger than what I ever came from." Gino said in awe, stepping completely in to get a good look at the room.

Being that Gino came from a single parent household, it was no secret that his mother struggled to keep their heads above water. For more than he could remember, he bounced between crappy apartments and corner houses, sleeping with a mattress on the floor until he hit seventh grade. It was tough growing up in that environment, but he was grateful that his mom always pulled through, and made sure that they had shelter.

The two pulled the curtains back and took in the view of the city, being that they were on the 17th floor. It was still broad day light, but they could imagine what outside would like once it got dark out, the street and building lights giving the city an extra glow. They both took a step out on the balcony, that warm breeze hitting them instantly.

"I could get use to this, imagine smoking a bud out here after banging some broads in the suite." Desmond said, folding his arms over his chest with a huge smile. The thought alone putting him in a good mood.

"I'm down with that, but instead of some random broads, I'm bending Chaka Kahn all the way over." Gino rubbed his hands together, still crushing on the singer he considers his true love.

"Let's be realistic for once." Desi said with a chuckle.

Gino waved him off "Anyways, you know it ain't gone be that hard to find a weed man out here, if you really trying to smoke some shit tonight."

"You know where we at right now? Them uptight motherfuckers downstairs ain't gone play with our ass. If they even smell marijuana you know who door they gone knock on first."

"A wet towel under the door gone stop that shit from leaving the room." Gino said, wiggling his brows like he was used to sneaky shit like that. Desi shook his head with a grin, now wondering if his boy would actually try and sneak some weed in the building.

The duo heard four knocks on their room door, and Desmond went ahead to answer while his friend soaked up the comfortable mattress.

Looking through the peak hole he seen that it was Quincy, full of energy as if he wasn't just complaining about having jet lag. Opening the door, Desmond raised his brows "Wassup?"

"Y'all ready to head over to rehearsals?"

Gino instantly sat up on the bed, looking over with a twisted up face "Rehearsals? Right now?"