𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.

"You sure your landlord gone be okay with us having a loud ass party up here?" Gino asked, setting the various bottles of liquor on the table.

Today was Desmond's 23rd birthday, and instead of going overboard like he usually does, he was just gonna throw a small party before heading out to get wasted at a night club. With the rest of the money he had saved from tour, he finally moved himself into an apartment not that far from home. Rent wasn't that expensive thankfully, but he got what he paid for, nothing too lavish but also not too raggedy.

He finally got himself a car too, an all white 1989 bentley turbo that nearly cost him $20,000. It was worth every penny though, and was better than still walking around or catching rides from Gino, who didn't waste anytime buying himself a car when they first received their checks.

Knowing that he still had cash in his pockets, he began to splurge though he promised he wouldn't. He got everything he really needed out of the way, which was a car and a crib, so now he was just going to enjoy the rest of the money he had in his possession.

He and Gino completed another mixtape over the months, and started handing them out around the neighborhood. They were getting good feedback and at least it was keeping them busy while the rest of the band was taking a break. The duo was more than ready to get inside a studio and make their magic for the masses to hear, but was still waiting for that day to come.

"Trust me bro, we straight." Desmond told his friend, helping him set up the table where the food and drinks were gonna go.

"Who all coming over here for this lil get together anyway?"

"Shit, anybody that's in the mood to have some fun, but I can't have niggas getting too crazy. Especially with me on my birthday."

"Ain't no way in hell we gone let that happen, If I have to check motherfuckers at the door like security then I will."

Desmond chuckled at his boy always ready to have his back "Besides, I got my special weapon tucked away in this hoe, so if somebody try to act funny on my property...it's lights out." He laughed, sinisterly.

While setting everything up, they both heard a couple of knocks on the door and soon Desmond was scurrying away to answer it. Looking through the peephole first, he seen his two wild ass cousins Pierre and Toni standing on the other side. Opening the door, they both greeted him "Happy birthday lil nigga!" Toni said, as if the two had a major age gap.

Looking down at Pierre hand's, he seen a small and round chocolate cake in a container, taking him by surprise since he didn't order anything like that "Y'all really love me huh? Went to go and grab me a cake and everything." Desmond joked but appreciated it.

"Actually ya mama made this, she asked us to bring it over since she knew how much your ass love some cake."

"I do." He nodded with a grin, watching them step in and get everything situated on the table.

"Devin little ass wouldn't let us go either, he kept begging to come over here for the party but I had to keep telling his ass, it's adults only." Pierre shook his head, and Desmond couldn't agree more with his little brother sitting out for another party. Even if it's at his own brother's apartment "Besides, we still hitting the strip club later on right?"

"Hell yeah, what you expect? For me to just kick it in the house on my birthday?" Desmond furrowed his brows, thinking that was a crazy question.

"This nigga wanna hit up a strip club now, but had a whole different attitude in New orleans. You missed out though, cause it was some good looking big booty hoes in there anyway." Gino put him on the spot and Desmond only waved him off.