CHAPTER 5 - Only Friendly Feelings Here

Be Dave because we haven't been him in forever!!!!

It's been an entire week since school started. Karkat has been avoiding me for some reason. The last time he looked at me was the day that Vriska was bothering the shit out of him. I wonder what she told him.

I'll have to talk to her about it later. Right now, it's just boring math class. But I spent like... the entire class spacing out and thinking. Thinking about why this guy would just come into my life and then immediately leave.

"Hey, are you alright?" John whispered and I snapped out of my trance. I just gave him a thumbs up and went back to working on the boring math assignment in our boring math class.

When class ended and we were leaving for the end of the day, I noticed myself sort of spacing out again.

"Dave, you're obviously not alright. Or you're just tired or something. But like, actually, are you okay?" John grabbed my hand and I let out a small sigh.

"Remember Karkat?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Well, he's sort of been avoiding me. I don't know what I did."

"He's been avoiding me, too," John admitted, and we just stared into each other's eyes for a second. Well, he kind of just stared into my shades. I stared into his eyes. We continued walking home, and soon he turned to me and suddenly asked something. "Do you mind if I come over? My dad won't get worried, he kind of just lets me if I tell him where I'm going."

"Oh, sure," I was a bit surprised by the sudden request, but didn't show it at all. We walked along in complete half-awkward and half-comfortable silence. It was only when we got to my house that it was finally broken by a simple "Alright, come on in."

John looked around the small simple space, and then waved at Dirk, who was sitting on the couch already. He always got home before me.

"Welcome home, little bro, I see you brought your boyfriend," Dirk said, giving a small smirk.

"Yeah, I did, is that a problem?"

"Never said it was, I don't know why you're so worked up about it," He laughed a bit. "Anyway, haven't seen you in a while, John, nice to see you again."

"Um, it's nice to see you again, too!" John replied kind of awkwardly. I just motioned towards my room, John nodded at me, and we both walked off to my room.

"Just remember, if you want to do something, don't do it here! Go to his house!" Dirk yelled to us as we entered my room and I closed the door behind me.

"Yeah, sorry about him. You know how annoying he can be sometimes," I sat down on the edge of my bed. John just nodded and sat next to me.

"Anyway... I need to have a quick talk with you, that's why I'm here," I looked over at him half-curiously, and he looked sort of scared, which made me scared because what would be making him so scared?

"Okay, uh, what is it about?" I asked genuinely, resting my chin on my hands.

John took a deep breath. "So, you know back when we were just really close friends?" I nodded. "Well, I remember it as us when we had no arguments at all! Except a silly one every once in a while, but aside that, we have more disagreements now than we did before, and it just makes me sad."

"What are you saying...?"

John took another breath. "I'm saying we would be better as friends. I think the 'feelings' that I felt for you was just because I didn't want you to ever leave me. But, seriously, Dave, I'm sorry. We can still be really close! Just not... you know, that close."

I was honestly a little surprised. I had noticed the same thing, but I never thought he would just do that.

It took my mind a little while to process it, but when it did, I simply said "Okay."

That was the only response I could come up with. John hugged me to comfort me, and I hugged back. And there we sat, in a comfortable friendly embrace. I never thought that I would have to describe us as just 'friendly' again. Not this soon, anyway.

"Well, uh, anyway... my dad wants me to come home. I'll see you tomorrow!" He gave a little awkward smile and I smiled back at him.

"See you tomorrow."

-------------------------------------
Here's a mystery pov but it's a diary entry because I want to be mysterious :)

When I watched their interactions, I thought I felt... fate? But no, now the one who my flush crush has a crush on is free! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Also, I love human school. I have human friends now and I think that's awesome. Just thought I should say that! I just decided to stick my head in the box and this is what I got. A silly book! So I'm writing stuff in it! And it's fun, so yippee I guess :3

Anyway, bye book! I'll write in you tomorrow!
--------------------------------------------------------
Back to Dave, Friday of that same week

I guess me and John really are better friends. I'd really never thought about it, but yeah. Plus, John invited all of the trolls in the younger grade and his three friends who accept them (me, Jade and Rose) to a sleepover. It was gonna be awesome.

Except for the fact that Karkat still hadn't talked to me the entire week. I still need to figure out why. Luckily, he was one of the people who was invited, so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

A/N: hey!! sorry that this chapter seems kind of rushed, especially the end, I just have an amazing idea for what happens next :)

anyway, bye sillies and have a nice rest of your day/night!