CHAPTER 4 - Serket, Respectfully Die.

Karkat's pov

I woke up this morning feeling like shit. Amazing way to start a day, right? I looked over at my clock and then, realizing I woke up late, basically threw myself out of my bed, falling and making a thud sound.

"Karkat? Are y9u 9kay?" I hear through my door.

"YEAH, YEAH, I'M FINE. JUST SLEPT IN AGAIN!!" I yelled back, and he left.

I hate everything right now. And yes, I hate it all for reasons that are gonna take 15 hours to completely explain.

I honestly didn't give a fuck about my outfit choice and just threw on a random outfit. Something normal at least. I once again rubbed the 12 pounds of sleep from my eyes and grabbed my bag, going out my bedroom door to see that Kankri was already gone. He left me nothing to eat either. I guess he woke up late too.

I decided to just leave, too, and left obviously because why not? I wasn't skipping school like I really wanted to. More like I couldn't or I'd die of boredom from being chewed out by Kankri for it. When he speaks about something that he sees as important, it takes at least 30 minutes to shut him up.

When I went outside, I squinted at the light. Was my house really that dark?

I saw two people in the far distance. They looked kind of like John and Dave... Even from this far I could somehow tell. Probably because one was blonde and one had black hair and they were unusually close to each other. Yeah, context clues, bitch.

I couldn't help but feel jealous again, even though I kind of beat myself up over it the day before. Who even is this guy and why do I like him so much? No. I don't like him. I hate him. I despise him. And his boyfriend, too. I wish they both didn't exist so that my brain had time to process... anything, really.

When I got to the school I heard a familiar voice behind me. Not this again.

"H3Y K4RK4T..." Terezi said in a sing-songy voice behind me, which made me jump and turn around.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?? WHEN DID YOU GET THERE???" I asked her, slowly backing up.

"NO QU3ST1ONS. 44444NYW444Y... 4R3 YOU R3ALLY ON3 HUNDR3D P3RC3NT SUR3 TH4T YOU DON'T W4NT ME TO S3T YOU UP W1TH STR1D3R?"

"YES!!! I'M SURE!!!"

"4WWWW, OK4Y F111N3. 1'M JUST GONN4 W4RN YOU THOUGH, 1 M1GHT DO 1T 4NYW4Y!! C14O!"

And with that, she ran off. What did I get myself into? Nothing, actually. I didn't get myself into any of this. It's all Terezi. I swear I'm gonna kill her.

(bell rings cutely)

I flinched at the bell. Why am I so jumpy today? I'm never like this.

"Yes you are," A certain bitchy voice said right behind me.

IFUCKINGSWEARI'MGOINGTOTHROWMYSELFOFFTHEROOFOFTHISBUILDINGIFONEMOREPERSONMAGICALLYAPPEARSBEHINDME.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I growled at the spiderbitch who was just there.

"What did I hear a8out you having a little crush? What are you, a coward? You gotta get out there and tell the 8itch!!" Vriska put her hand on my shoulder and I glared at her. "Unless, of course, you just want to 8e a 8ore like that crippled mess over there," She motioned to Tavros.

"CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE? I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT WITH MY OWN LIFE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH," I reminded her, because she obviously didn't know.

"8ooooooooriiiiiiiing. I should've known you'd say something like that. Cause you're just a stu88y little asshole who only cares a8out himself."

"IF YOU CALL ME STUBBY ONE MORE TIME I WILL PERSONALLY END YOU."

"Go ahead and try, stu88y. Aaaaaaaanyways, why are you such a coward? Such a little 8itch? W8, w8, w8, I know what you are. A nervous wreck!! A ticking time 8om8!!!!!!!! I can't rel8. Got my own pro8lems. At least I'm not a worthless tree stump."

I just growled at her again. "SAYS THE ONE WHO CAN'T KEEP A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANYONE BECAUSE SHE'S A TOXIC BITCH."

"How... How rude!!!!!!!! How dare you ever speak to me that way! That hurt, you know!" She cried overdramatically as we walked into the classroom. She plopped down in the seat next to me.

"WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE. PLEASE, KINDLY GET YOUR UGLY ASS UP AND GET OUT OF MY GENERAL AREA."

"I don't think I'll 8e doing that any time soon," The bell rang, and she smirked half-evilly at me. "Well, looks like we're stuck together anyway!"

"FUCK YOU."

"No thanks."

"YOU KNOW I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!"

"Do I really?"

I just sighed heavily and put my head down.

The rest of the class went in like this. Constant poking and prodding. Constant insults whispered. Constant. Fucking. EVERYTHING.

(timeskip to lunch brought by dave strudel)

3rd person pov because I am sick and tired of 1st person

"x33< I'M FINALLY FR33333333333!!!!" Nepeta yelled, running out and then tripping over, catching herself with her hands and then immediately getting back up. Jade ran beside her, giggling.

Everyone else just walked like normal.

"Hey Kaaaaaaaarkaaaaaaaat," Vriska spooked a jumpy Karkat again, for the 3rd time today, her elbow rested on his shoulder. "Waiting for your 8oyfriend?"

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT HE ALREADY HAS A FUCKING BOYFRIEND?" Karkat hissed, causing Vriska to just laugh.

"Ha! You don't deserve him anyway!" Vriska sat on the edge of the table.

"WHY CAN'T YOU GO CATCH FIRE TO OTHER PEOPLE'S THINK PANS?? I'M NOT THE ONLY LIVING THING ON EARTH, YOU KNOW."

"I know, it's just fun to pick on you! Also Terezi told Dave."

Karkat was shocked. What. The fuck.

"...WHAT?"

"She told Dave! She told him a8out your giiiiiiiiant crush on him! However, the guy already has a 8oyfriend, so you can't have him."

"WAY TO RUB IT IN. I ALREADY KNEW THAT!! I'M THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU!!"

"Cool, I know. 8ut... there's one thing I forgot to tell you!"

"WHAT?"

"Well, he's still thinking a8out the whole thing, and how he's gonna react and all that stuff. So I guess I'm saying you have a chance."

"COOL. GREAT. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME?"

"The world's just against you, I guess," Vriska got up. "Anyway, gotta go actually do something other than talk to someone as 8oring as a rock! 8yeeeeeeee!" And with that, she ran off, giving Karkat space to think.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♋︎ɞ⋅ » ──────»