Chapter 50 - Eduardo Rizal and the End of Terrorism

Start from the beginning

Ushamad was still shaking with anger. His face twitched. No matter what, Isshamad was his eldest son. Which father would want to pass the position of head to his others instead of his son?

The other groups including the famed NDF-CPP have perished on the surface so he was technically the only head remaining of NPA-ONE.

However, Isshamad's character was too cruel, foolish, and violent, and his strength had not reached a monstrous level at the upper limit of human strength.

Sooner or later, he would ruin the entire New People's Army (NPA) ONE. He sighed helplessly and said,

"Well, let's discuss this matter again in the future. Ishhamad, I want you to reflect in this place, and you will not participate in the evaluation meeting for now!"

"What!? Father!" Ishhamad was angry, his muscles bulging and unwilling.

"What? Are you dissatisfied with this?"

"Father! What about revenge for our bases destroyed? What about those our brothers who died? That's it?"

"What can I do? You, foolish son, you still dare to mention this. What else can I do? All of this is your fault! What do you want to do? Do you want to implicate our organization? Do you want to start a scene again, get our location, and ruin our remaining group? Get out of here!" Ushamad furiously scolded as his turban fell off from his head.

The atmosphere suddenly turned extremely tense.

"Humph! Cowards! A bunch of cowards!" With a loud snort, Ishhamad stood up and left. Seeing that his son didn't know how to repent, Ushamad was also angry and almost vomited a mouthful of blood. His face turned red, and all the upper men helplessly shook their heads. It was night, and the chilly wind from the endless mountains blew into the narrow crevice of a hidden cave. Isshamad was sitting outside with his back to the mountains and moon, drinking beer alone.

"Clink!" Isshamad threw a fist-sized rock, causing it to break into pieces. "Cowards! Our group is going to be ruined in the hands of a group of cowards!"

Ishhamad's hair was disheveled as he roared in anger. At this time, a cold voice of a man sounded in a dark corner of this crevice.

"Young one, I wonder what happened today that made you so angry?"

"Who!?" Ishhamad turned around and looked fiercely at the moonlight.

The man who could enter his field of vision without him realizing it was by no means an ordinary figure.

A man wearing white robes and a white mask while holding onto his cane came forward to greet him and lowered his hat like a gentleman.

"Y-You?!"

Ishhamad's eyes widened in surprise, the flickering moonlight revealing the shock etched across his disheveled face. The man in white descended near him like a breeze of the wind, and Ishhamad was caught off guard, stumbled backward, and toppled down. He quickly crawled back, his eyes never leaving the mysterious figure.

The man's expression remained hidden behind the white mask, but a glint of intrigue shimmered in his eyes.

He extended a gloved hand towards Ishhamad as if offering assistance, his movements graceful and deliberate.

*Swing*

"Or maybe I will finish my business here?" Eduardo Rizal calmly remarked, his voice unwavering, as he deftly parried Ishamad's strike with the cane, and within a second, the decapitated head of Isshamad was in his hands, the white mask concealing any hint of emotion.

He redirected his gaze to the far right corner of the opening of the cave, and a metallic robot bug greeted him with a crab-like dance.

Later that evening, President Luna as the Commander Chief of the Armed Forces of the Philippines along with her associates and her military, orchestrated a meticulous raid on the terrorist hideout.

The operation was swift and precise, leaving no room for escape. The once impenetrable NPA-ONE headquarters now found itself surrounded by Luna's forces.

A cacophony of gunfire echoed through the cavernous tunnels as Luna's agents closed in, the relentless pursuit fueled by a collective determination to bring an end to the terror that had haunted the nation for nearly a century.

The hidden caves, once a refuge for the nefarious, became a battleground, each corridor and chamber echoing with the clash between the forces of darkness and those of justice.

State news media outlets broadcasted the unfolding events online and live, sharing the news of the final defeat of NPA-ONE.

The entire nation held its breath as the long-standing threat was neutralized. The headlines heralded a new era, the nation is now finally free from the shadow of terrorism.

As the last echoes of gunfire subsided and the final pockets of resistance were quelled, Luna addressed the nation in a press briefing with a solemn yet triumphant tone alongside the four Legion behind her. The Filipinos, long burdened by the existence of the terrorists in hiding, erupted in joyous celebration.

"Today marks a historic moment for our beloved nation. The dark shadow of NPA-ONE, a threat that has haunted us for far too long, has been lifted. I stand before you with a heart both solemn and triumphant, alongside the formidable Legion and the brave men and women who fought tirelessly to bring us to this point.

While we celebrate this victory, let us not forget the sacrifices made by our military and associates, whose dedication and courage have led us to this day. The demise of NPA-ONE is a testament to our unity and resilience as a nation.

However, as we bask in the joy of this positive turn of events, let us remain vigilant. Challenges may still emerge on our path to lasting peace. Our strength lies not only in overcoming adversity but in our ability to face it together. Crises may loom in the future, but as Filipinos, we have proven time and again that we stand stronger and united.

As we arrive in this new world, let us carry this spirit forward. Together, we can overcome whatever challenges may come our way. Let the victory against NPA-ONE serve as a reminder of our collective strength and determination.

May the memory of those who sacrificed their lives for this cause be honored, and may we, as a nation, continue to strive for a future filled with peace and prosperity. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!"