3.3. Grosse Encounters

Start from the beginning

It was about five minutes before Zoe and Dan came out of Mr Flatlys office and Toms and Anishas group went in. Dan walked over to Alex looking worried.

"Whats the matter" Alex asked the two.

"Mr Flatly has the black box in his office" Dan said getting straight to the point. Zoe added.

"And he was talking about aliens and abductions" Alex sighed, and looked at Mr Flatly door.

"We can't wait for Tom and Anisha to be done. Come on, I have an idea" Alex said to them both. The trio made their way down to the base and Alex sent a text message to Tom and Anisha saying to meet them in the base when they were done.

Dan also sent a message to Frank saying to get down to the base ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank, Dan and Zoe stood around Alex as she tried to hack into Mr Flatly's laptop webcam. She was nearly done when Tom and Anisha came out of the lift.

"What's going on" Anisha asks.

"I'm hacking into Mr Flatly's laptop webcam. And...we're in."

"And why are we hacking into his laptop cam" Tom asks.

"Have a look for your self" Alex says as she uploads the footages onto the big hologram screen for them all to see.

"Well, at least we know it's safe." Anisha says as we look at Mr Flatly looking at the MYRA in his hands.

"But Mr Flatley isn't." Frank says as he puts a file down onto the table. The team gather around the table.

"Who's this?" Dan asks

"Edwin Grosse."

"In the future?" Zoe said being just as confused as the rest of them.

"No, the real Edwin Grosse. He was found tied up in a warehouse. It seems we have an imposter on our hands."

"I knew there was something funny about the guy in the woods."

"So, who's he?" Dan asks trying to make sense of this whole situation.

"Mercenary, enemy agent, muscle for hire... He could be anybody, and he could do anything to get that box." Frank said, even he was starting to feel a bit nervous about the whole situation.

"So, how do we protect our head teacher?" Tom asks, but no one answered him.

"We need to get the box. This is getting dangerously tricky." Frank said as he tried not to show his nerves for his team.

After a few moments of silence it was interrupted by some awful singing.

#We just need to open our hearts#
#And let some in.#
#We're all aliens#
#Under the skin... #
#Let some in... #

"Turn the sound off, Tom." Dan says as he finally got over the shock on what had just happened.

"No! This rocks." Zoe said before Tom could even move.

"Someone give Zoe a definition of 'rocks.'" Tom says before he mutes the video.

"Has anyone else noticed Mr Flatley's sleeping in there?" Anisha says to everyone while watching the muted screen.

"Yeah, he's studying the crash site." Alex said.

"And how do you know" Tom says playfully to Alex.

"Well, maybe you should try being more observant with your surroundings Thomas."

"He has this thing about aliens and abductions." Zoe said adding to Alex's comment.

"That's it!" Anisha says getting an idea, she walked off to a cupboard at the side of the room and picked up a box and walked back to the group.