Chapter 21

Karishma came running to the hospital. She has almost lost her senses and was bumping into people on her way to operation theatre. She reached the hall and ran aimlessly towards the operation theatre. She was about to ran inside when Rey hold her and pulled her at the side.

"Calm down, Karishma. Haseena will be okay" Rey told her, but Karishma was crying hysterically. 

"Bhai, what happened? How she got here. Tell me is she alright. I want to talk to her" Karishma said crying.

"Sit down and pray. Prayers have great powers so just pray for her" Rey didn't answered about Haseena's health, as Karishma is not ready to take such bad news.

Haseena has been involved in very bad car crash. Two people died on spot, and several have been injured badly. Haseena is one of them. She has head injury and broken bones according to first respondents. Now she is fighting a battle of life and death lying unconscious on hospital bed. They called Rey, as Haseena has added him as her emergency contact. Rey hasn't told Noor and Karishma about Haseena's serious condition, but the amount of cops, patients and their attendants are fully giving away the information, that the matter is very much serious.

Karishma was crying hugging her brother, while Noor Malik was sitting on a chair, she is completely blank, it seems like her mind still hasn't processed whatever have happened to her, 27 years ago she sat in same position with a 3 years old toddler in her lap, who is asking about her dad, who is inside the operation theatre. The toddler knows that her mother is facing some problem, so she wasn't creating a choas, or running here and there, didn't even asked for food rather than sat in her lap, hugged her and occasionally was wiping the tears coming from her mother's eyes. 

The toddler that consoled her mother then is, now lying in the same position as her dad. Noor Malik was completely lost, the one who gives her mother the will to live again is, now fighting for her own life. Noor wants her daughter to sit by her, joke with her, fight her. She wants her Haseena back, her daughter back. But her mind and body is not coordinating. Her mind is fighting a battle, and creating chaos for her daughter but her body is not moving. She was not able to cry, not to look at anything or even blink her eyes, she was sitting like a statue.

While this side Karishma was making a chaos for the same toddler, and Rey is handling her with much difficulty. "She is always like this acting like super crazy woman, always doing things without thinking, what is the need to drive at such high speed. Look what happened" Karishma cried.

"Karishma, control yourself. Control your emotions, look at auntie how disturbed she is, you will make her more disturb. You are my strong sister so please keep calm and stop crying like this" Rey told Karishma, while taking her in a hug and consoling her.

Every passing minute is only increasing the tension in the environment. The hope everyone carrying is started to get fading away, when finally after 4 hours doctors came outside.

"The patient is alive, but for further discussion the patient guardian can come to my cabin. I need to discuss something" Doctor told Rey and Karishma, who was looking at him with questionable eyes.

"Doctor her mother is not in stable condition now. I'm her friend and emergency contact, can I come?" Rey pointed towards Noor, who was still sitting lost and clueless like a statue. The doctor nodded and left from there.

"Karishma wait here. I'll be back with complete information" Rey made Karishma sat on a bench and heads to doctor cabin.

"Miss Malik has fractured her left leg from three points and her left elbow is also fractured, there are also several little injuries to her body, the fracture and other injury is not a big problem, because she is young and will be completely fine in few months. But she had got a hard blow at her head, which for now we can't say anything, fortunately there was no clot, so we are hopeful that she will gain consciousness. But she can face memory loss, short term or long term or may be not that I can't tell now, so better prepare yourself for outcomes.