Part 7: Fulfilling an old promise

Start from the beginning

"Wha- In- In my Dreams?" the Seeker asks confused, shaking their head. "No... no this can't be. You are messing with me."

The mysterious stranger breathes in deeply. Suddenly all birds fall silent, observing the two on the bench, as the mysterious stranger begins humming a tune. The chorus of the symphony of birds. A melody that sounds familiar to the seeker.

 A melody that sounds familiar to the seeker

"We will meet again," the mysterious stranger sings in the most beautiful melody.

As the stranger sings the promised words, all the birds join in the chorus. The song reaches its peak. The birds fly from their trees, forming another flock, dancing through the sky in joy, as their powerful hymn reaches the furthest corners of the forest.

Suddenly the Seeker feels this strange wave of energy moving in their spine.

"Stop it," the Seeker demands, engulfed by fear. "Shut up!"

The stranger stops. Sudden silence. The quiet birds hide again within the trees.

After the Seeker calms down, the Stranger opens his mouth again:

"I fully respect, if you don't want to go any further. I understand, if this frightens you. I mean it is weird after all, isn't it? As if I were speaking to you directly... It's up to you. If you are not interested, then ignore this and just continue as usual.

However, there is a reason that we are holding this conversation. There is a reason that we are here right now... You, hearing my words spoken to you... Is there really nothing more to this? If you are not ready to embark on this journey, it would be better if you go now."

The Seeker remains silent. They are thinking about how they were occupying the bench first.

"Ah, so you are still here," the mysterious stranger speaks joyfully after some time.

"I'm glad you have decided to stay. Someday you will understand the significance of this decision."