"Stefani Edwards! Over here!" I was hearing my name in all directions and I finished fluffing my collar.

I paid no mind to the roaches squirming and begging for my attention as I literally have my security team making a barricade and pushing them out the way so I could make an easy escape.

I step in to have my blazer hung up on the coat rack and I get a slow clap from Carter standing in the center of the walk-in.

"One hell of an entrance and on top of that, fashionably late," she gave me an entertained smile.

"Oh please, I haven't even entered the ball room. You look nice in a turtle neck, fits you nicely," I greeted her.

"As long as it's black and sleek," she handed me a glass of champagne.

"Couldn't agree more," I clinked my flute with hers.

"How bad is it," I set my flute aside when I emptied it.

"I wish I could say the party doesn't start until you're present but even in your absence-

"I'm still the topic, lovely. Let's shift the gears," I smirked as me and Carter strode past the corridors.

"There you areeeeee," Veronica swung her arms around my neck.

"Too much," I whispered and mildly recirpocated the hug.

"Sorryyyyy," she whispered back and tidied her dress.

"No worries," I held out my arm so she could loop hers around.

"Stefani," Kent marched up pissed as hell.

I didn't phase as I looked him in the eyes- I see now... he's show casing, he's actually not serious.

"At least I'm here," I sighed.

"Get settled in because the second you do, you're gonna go greet Lillian, tell her how lovely she looks, and apologize. This isn't just my special night- it's hers too for God's sake!" He almost roared.

The guests here are so used to him chewing me out, they didn't even bother showing concern.

"Bit overkill much, yeah?" I was uninterested, truly, I'm not even playing along- he looks like a fucking penguin in that damn tuxedo.

"Do not push my patience," he pointed his finger in my face.

"Are you serious right now?" I quickly let go of Veronica to glare at him.

I instantly slapped his hand out of my face to take a step forward and close the gap.

That's when I could feel people starting to stare.

I don't know what the hell Kent has on his mind, but are you-

"Carter, there you are- oh and Veronica! How nice for you to make it Stefani," Eleanora jumped in with a nervous laugh.

"Eleanora, I'm sorry, but do not interject into-

"Oh please, you're one to talk about interjecting," I let out a hysterical laugh.

I don't give a single fuck.

"Excuse me?" Kent asked me directly.

I guess he does have his big boy pants on tonight.

"How many interjections did you do with your dick until you allegedly found the woman of your so called dreams?" I snapped and soft gasps crowded around.

Just before Kent could react, I stepped a little closer to him, "I don't know if this is you holding a grudge or not- not that I give a damn either but listen here Kent, and listen to me clearly because you need to reminded that you've already lost this war. but do not push me into having my father-daughter speech be about how you lost two a woman who's both lips were loose," I whispered and he hitched a breath.

"Don't you ever put your hand in my face again because you know exactly the kind of hellcat I am," I glared.

"It's my rehearsal dinner," he couldn't come up with anything snarky.

"That I'm paying... enjoy the catering," I pinched a piece of lent from his tux and Pat his shoulder...

"Enjoy your fantasy... don't let me have to remind you again about your reality," I whispered into his ear and kissed his cheek.

He practically froze before me...

"I mean this truly... I don't think I could ever fuck you over the way you did yourself. So please, act accordingly," I peacefully walked off.

"Oh dear god," Eleanora wasted not a single second to grab me and the girls out of the man's sight.

"You are the hellcat boys' mothers' said to stay away from," Carter teased and Eleanora gave her a look.

"It may be his night, but it's still all the more reasons for me to taunt... safe to say I'm settled in now that he's put in his place... where's the woman of the hour? You think that scene was enough to score alone time with her?" I made Carter chuckle and Eleanora rolled her eyes.

"I can't tell if im chaperoning you two or not," she sighed and I slipped a chuckle.

"We're not that bad of company," I reasoned.

"Ms. Edwards?" I was greeted by a waitress.

"I am the one who signs your checks," I responded to my call.

"Uh-um... Lillian has requested to speak with you in private," she looked nervous.

The girls and the people in my vicinity shared looks about the request and I tried to play it off.

"I show up late to my own damn party and you mean to tell me I can't even enjoy it without being bitched at every five minutes?" I scoffed.

"Where is she?" I snapped.

"Chef's office," I was gestured to the kitchen.

"For fuck sake," I growled and stormed my way over.

With a single glance with my resting bitch face, people started to part like the Red Sea as I made way to the kitchen.

"Stefani!" Everyone cheered in their Italian accents.

"To the woman who signs our checks!" I was greeted by the head chef with a glass of red wine.

"It's too early for heavy but please, help yourself, you're all working very hard," I politely disregarded.

"No no, I insist... especially when the woman of the hour is looking like that," he looked past me and I turned to see Lillian with an unreadable expression on her face as she walks into the chef's office.

"On second thought..." I turned my heel to swipe the wine glass and swigged it before tossing it into the sink.

"Good luck," the head chef had a nervous but faithful look that I was going to survive.

"Please..." I held my head high and locked the door behind me.