78

Stefani's POV

"So you two are basically engaged?" Rachel made the three of us hot cocoa.

"I mean-

"That's so romantic," Veronica's voice was by far the most fan girl thing I've ever heard. I almost puked.

"Anyways, recap?" I brushed them both off.

"Please, I don't even know which phase we're at right now," I groaned.

"I believe... the winter art gala," Rachel was swiping away at her phone and I felt my temple twitch.

"That sounds expensive.. Rachel can I borrow-

"Borrow? Oh no- that's not even in my vocabulary. I'm taking you shopping," Rachel didn't even bother looking up from her phone.

That's my girl.

"Well- I feel really bad... it's like I'm just-

"Not that I'm cutting you off because I don't wanna hear it, but I still have property listings from our last conversation about you running your own gym. I'll be making arrangements rather soon. I think the grand opening should rather be on New Year's day if you ask me. Have a strong opening since mass majority's resolution is to get in shape. Marketing," i explained to Veronica.

"Oh- wow.. you're still hard to keep up with whenever you talk business and stuff," she blushed and walked to the kitchen to fix herself water.

Meh- at least she knows she's not dead weight and in fact an investment to my vision in the long run.

She has a purpose...

"What's the plan here?" I averted my attention to Rachel shaking off my thoughts.

"Looks like it's going to be an art gallery of oil paints and an auction after the main event- which is a symphonic night of the nutcracker with New York's orchestra of prodigies that are enrolled in Julliard and Columbia University- the event and the auction is going to be a fundraiser to help their alumni's receive enough money to advance their musical expertise in the classical music industry," I could sense Rachel gushing.

"Something I'm missing?" I arched a brow.

"Noooooo... it's just- well- oh nothing. I was just thinking, since you and Lillian are kinda engaged on the low, maybe you two could steal a moment. And what's more romantic than a backstage moment with a violinist setting the mood?" She sighed dreamily.

"I'll take whoever's concert master at that production then. There, the situation is now handled," I shrugged.

"Uh- I googled the event and it's not a violinist that's concert master," Veronica spoke up.

"Oh yeah?" I looked reluctantly.

"Pianist. Definitely the pianist. Trust that you should still pick the pianist. They are the most romantic and sensual human being you could ever come across- and god their hands are so good," she raises her lemon water in the air knowingly.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me," I scoffed and broke into a short laugh realizing what she was implying.

"Ms. Ma'am, you've slept with a pianist before?" Rachel teased- or attempted to.

"Oh come onnnn! They're so hot with the bulging veins through their forearms- if they are serious about their craft and they put in the hours. I once hooked up with a solo jazz pianist- they're so different compared to a pianist that's in a band," she sighed dreamily and I shook my head with a smile.

"Aside from- this... who's the concert master? They must be really good considering it's not often that you hear a pianist in that position," I contemplated my reasonings since this person might be to my standard- just hearing their position provides validation that they believe in hard work and strive to top tier accomplishments and goals.. I want to meet them before hand.