Chapter 16

An: I'm being rushed to update and to hell with it, if details don't add up, it's not my fault. I already forgot what kind of cars these people drive, let alone if I had already published a description of Stefani's mother.

Literally, fuck it. If it doesn't add up, it just doesn't. But I like this chapter personally.

Lillian's POV

"Thanks again Ms. Lillian!" Rachel waved goodbye at her driveway. I couldn't help myself but wave back as I pulled out in the Range Rover Kent got me as an engagement gift.

As if the ring wasn't enough... oh Kent.

I wasn't sure of the place my thoughts were in, but I was genuinely concerned about Stefani. She shouldn't have ran off like that. I know she's practically grown up and is a young woman, but that's still my fiancé's daughter no matter how i put it.

Stefani surely keeps me on my toes.

She's never boring, I'll give her that much.

She surprised me today- I surprised myself as well... I wasn't sure where I was going or what to call it. But Stefani didn't seem to mind as much as I predicted.

If anything, her apologizing to the woman earlier just proved Stefani isn't as cold as she naturally portrays herself; she's actually caring.

I'm not entirely sure why she doesn't want to show it. That part confuses me a little, maybe a story from her might shine light, but that day won't be coming anytime faster- I doubt that.

But what surprised me the most was when it was my turn to pick a color for my nails. I surprised myself in this too: I hesitated just briefly to see what would Stefani do- I'm not sure why I did such a thing, but if I'd win the lottery if I had placed money on it because the moment I did hesitate, I caught Stefani's eyes searching my entire body with a single glance and scan the colors of nail polish within a second. Her eyes paused right on my lips and shifted back to a peachy light pink for my nails.

Is this why she walked off?

It holds more weight than 'picking a good seat.'

All the seats were identical.

I think I might've spooked her when I whispered in her ear, I know how she is about personal space....

I sighed heavily as I parked the car and took a brief moment to digest my thoughts.

Why, just why?

I love Kent and I adore his daughter. Stefani is just- I don't know how to describe it. She's bright but dull all at the same time.

I made my way back to my new home and my mouth dropped wide open at the sight of crumpled papers, sketches, a laptop filled with presentation slides, a tripod in place and a worn out young lady laid out on the couch comfortably and quietly snoring.

I quietly set my things on the kitchen counter and made my way over to Stefani.

She's so adorable when she's at peace. It's actually a cute sight to see. She even has a quiet snore that you'd have to be right next to her to listen.

I softly smiled at her bulletin of pitches and scribbled speeches on notecards, whatever this is, she's put in a lot of a effort.