99

Lillian's pov

"Stefani!" I knocked on her guest bedroom door.

"I'm sleepinggggg" she chirped mockingly.

Jesus, they can't even get along over the holidays.

"Like hell you are, open the damn door!" I was on the verge of banging on the door.

She finds this amusing, I'm literally hearing her laugh-

The door was locked and my frustration just made her laugh even harder.

Her room died down and the door quietly unlocked.

"That's not how you talk to your fiancé," she smirked making the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

"Step daughter," I corrected her.

"Ouch, was it that bad?" She play pouted.

God-

why is she-

I shoved her out of my way and turned to lock the door.

"By all means, hospitality in someone else's home was never my strong suit-

"Shut up," I yelled and pushed her on the bed.

"Ms. Simmons," she leaned forward as I sat on her hips with my legs wrapped on her sides.

"Stefani," I warned.

"That's Ms. Edwards to you," her hand quickly snatched my waistline and I was the one laying on my back as she was crouched on top of me.

"This isn't a game," I shoved her away.

"So much for foreplay. Wanna talk about it?" She shrugged and her tone was normal again.

"You just remain being persistent with not getting along with anyone," I sighed.

"Cant stir the pot without a little heat," she scoffed as she leaned against the dresser uninterested.

"This is what I'm talking about," I grew impatient.

"And that is?..." she stood up and locked eyes with me..

"Why?" I practically begged. "Why are you giving me such a stressful time? I thought talking it out would've made circumstances better," I whined trying to understand.

"I see now..." Stefani leaned her head back as she took in the energy of the room.

"Well, I don't see. Some insight please," I was so fed up.

"Do you know that I have to go great lengths with you just so I can reasonably have one on one time with you?" She lifted my chin.

"You shouldn't have t-

"Oh but darling, I do. Disrespecting kent in front of your family as the last straw, just so you can come March up here with your step mommy walk proves it," she leaned in with that signature smirk of hers.

"Enough with the games," I was getting ready to call it quits.

"Call my bluff but that's exactly what happened," she was looking at her fingernails and her brow arched again realizing Im still in the room. It didn't take long for that smirk to reappear.

"You know what?" I was striding towards her.

"Hit me," she continued to entertain me.

"You've been driving me insane," I gripped her by the drawstrings of her hoodie.

"Feeling's mutual darling," she reached over to brush the fly aways from my face but I pulled her in to push her back on the bed.

"And you've been nonstop harassing everyone left and right," I was throwing off my dress.