Chapter 7

Stefani's POV

Totally just caught her checking me out- twice this morning. She's weird. But, She's the least problematic housewife thus far so I'll tolerate.

"So, Lillian was digging the fit," Rachel nudges me as she drives.

"Oh shut up, she was probably thinking about whether or not she should tell me to go change. She did the right choice by not saying anything because I would've been all defiant making you look like an awkward duckling," I scoffed and Rachel contains a laugh.

"You should talk to your dad about letting you get a car," Rachel changes the subject.

"Why talk to him when I can just get it myself," I stopped mid way scrolling on my Instagram stats.

"I mean, my parents waited for me to turn 18 and they were with me to watch me purchase this car with my saved allowance. It's not like they're gonna pamper you all throughout the paperwork process," she explains.

Fair enough.

"I know my dad. He's hesitant to let me drive because he thinks I'm gonna drive across the United States looking for a woman we already know is dead," I stared out the window at all the venues.

"I wouldn't blame him, we did that with an Uber when you turned sixteen," Rachel reminded me the adventures we had in sophomore year.

"How can I forget you spending all of winter break with me digging up any information about my biological mother and finding her last known address to get an Uber for that location?" I smiled at her and she blushed thoughtfully.

"That was a fun day. I got grounded for missing dinner and you came home so late, your dad had you take pregnancy tests for the next three months," she reminded me and we both laughed our asses off.

"It was worth it too," I sighed.

"Our curfew's 1am instead of 8pm, big difference," Rachel hints as we pull up to her driveway.

I still never understood the purpose of a three story house, let alone Rachel's house. She's literally an only child with two parents. No pets- I want a fish tank and pet fishes.

Okay what do you think?" I'm guided to a gigantic bedroom. Why the hell don't we hang out at Rachel's more often what the actual fuck?

I rummaged through her wardrobes and closet thoroughly and this bitch has good clothes. She doesn't know how to coordinate the way I do.

"Rachel, oh my god you have everything. Here," I rolled my eyes and pulled out a white tank top with a red lips and a tongue sticking out. A pair of blue denim skinny jeans and tossed a pair of red and white Vans high tops from her shoe closet. Fucking ridiculous. She just needs to be taught how coordinate.

"Here, let me do your hair," I gently pulled out her hair tie and her blonde thick and long hair draped down her back. I sectioned the top half and put it up in a cute bun and took out two locks of hair from the front of her face let them fall to the sides of her face and fluffed out the bottom half of her head.

"Tell me I'm magical," I took a step back and let her take a look at herself. I smiled as she gave a twirl and teased her hair a little more.

"You're like a fairy god mother!" She squealed.

That literally took no time at all, time to go shopping... we did that yesterday and the day the before. I don't even know why the hell we're shopping today- oh pajamas and lounge wear... for me. The hell is Rachel going to get?

"They have a Victoria secret sale going on at the plaza, they're gonna open up about an hour, we have time," Rachel grabs her keys and we basically spent two minutes going down the steps.