1 ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ?

The soft snow created a blanket on the cold, hard ground beneath you

The soft snow created a blanket on the cold, hard ground beneath you. The sun was barely shining, the leaves, now covered in a thick layer of snow, were blocking most of the sunlight, which caused small ray beams to shine down. Your feet–which were now dragging on the floor– as it became harder for you to walk in the snow covered path. The once firm grip you had on your bag was now weakening as the cold began to hit your unprotected fingers, causing you to have a weaker grip than before. Everything was going numb in your body.

What seemed like hours had gone by. You had progressed deeper into the forest, it became clear that you were now lost. Knowing you had a bad sense of direction, there was a low chance of you getting out. Slowly, you began to slow down the pace as the snow piled up. This was the end for you. That was until the smell of smoke filled the air.

Just a couple of feet ahead of you lay a small fire, barely holding up with the falling snow. Slowly, you crept up to the fire. Looking around to find no one, you placed your hands in front of the fire, taking in the heat as your hands began to gain more strength. You dropped the bag and crouched down closer, rubbing your hands back and forth to create more heat. Letting out a small sigh of relief as more of your body begins to heat up gradually.

Being so caught up with the fire, you didn't hear the sound of snow crushing under someone's foot. A  'shing' noise came from behind you. Quickly, your eyes darted to the side only to be met face to face with the tip of a blade.

"Don't move," a rough voice sounded in your ears.

You were unable to move, but carefully, you put up your hand in the air hoping whoever it was, would let you free, or have some kind of small remorse. A sharp exhale left your lips as the sharp edge of the blade pressed against your neck. You swallowed hard, shutting your eyes, not wanting to see what they were going to do with you. At this point your whole body was now shaking from both the cold and fear.

"I'm not going to kill you" they moved the blade off from your neck, "Just get away from here,"

You let out a sigh of relief as you regained your breath. Reaching for your bag you got up, trying not to make contact with whoever it was. However,  to your dismay you were met with the strange person face to face.

The man stood no taller than you, just a small bit taller than you if you counted the height from where he was standing. He wore a large hat which was covering his face and a pair of orange tinted glasses. He was quite attractive in your eyes but before you could take a longer look at him, you remembered they had just tried to kill you. Quickly you took off not wanting to stay there a moment longer.

The time went by slowly, the sun, barely shining through the dark clouds, had begun to set on the horizon. As you continued walking, it seemed as if you had made a wrong turn in your path—not that it would have mattered, as you were already lost. Having the smart idea to retrace your steps, you found your way back to the same place. The exact same fire from before, it was now burned out as the snow put it out. A part of you wanted to go back but you were too scared of having to bump into that man from before.