Chapter 30 - Intact

A/N:

Wordcount: 4329

The days since your talk with the family had been nothing but pleasant. After you had whooped Oven's ass for his continuous teasing, you spent the remainder of the evening in Katakuri's arms or under him. He was as happy as you were, and you were even happier when the kisses turned into more. He was definitely gentler and more careful, but both of you still relished in the intimacy that came with each touch, each kiss, each whisper, and each thrust.

His name fell from your lips as much as yours did from his, but you also learnt that keeping quiet was almost impossible with him. Not just because he was still...impressive...even in his smaller version, but you had never had a lover quite as attentive and observant as him and you were sure that even after these two sessions, he knew your body better than you did yourself.

Every touch felt like electricity, his lips were full of warmth, and his voice slipped along your skin like silk. Yet, your favourite part remained the unparalleled beauty of his dark magenta eyes. So sharp and distant to most, and yet all you could feel when they looked at you was safety as the intensity in them wrapped you in a deep warmth. One, that even reached the parts of you that had hidden behind a learnt fear– the fear of losing everything again and that happiness was, at best, something temporary.

However, before you did anything this time, you made sure that you had covered the mirror in your vanity. Even if you hoped that Brûlée had finally gotten the message of leaving you alone in your private time, it didn't hurt to be safe. As much as you loved the woman, this topic was definitely off limits.

The news that Katakuri and you had entered a personal relationship spread among the family and in-laws like a wildfire. Your husband was right. Some of his siblings really did talk too much. Still, it was nice to see that everyone within the family was happy about the news. If not for you, then for Katakuri.

Meanwhile Brûlée kept on apologising for her comment about the babies, whilst also stressing that if you wanted to have some, she wouldn't mind and would even volunteer to babysit. The list of baby names that had fallen out of her pocket during her apology was discreetly ignored by you for the sake of her blood pressure and your friendship.

Smoothie and Perospero had gotten more serious during the sparring sessions, but you knew where their new strictness stemmed from and so, you didn't mind too much. At least, in the moments in which you weren't hanging in a tree with candy stuck around you and Perospero's shit-eating grin directed at you.

Maybe gluing him to a chair in the near future would be warranted again.

Whilst the majority of the reactions were positive, Chiffon, to your surprise, looked a little glum about the news. Bege on the other hand was downright ecstatic upon hearing that Katakuri and you had become romantically involved. The captain and you got along well, but his enthusiasm still irked you a little. His fun remark to 'watch out so nobody kidnaps you to blackmail Katakuri' wasn't entirely funny in your world, but you politely chuckled with him.

On a brighter note, Mr. 'Wears too many belts' had grown more publicly affectionate. You caught his eyes on your form more often than necessary, and whenever you were together, he was standing, sitting, or walking closer to you than before.

There was still no public physical intimacy, such as leaning against him, or grant gestures like talking affectionally to each other in front of people, but you accepted it, and he made up for everything during your private times.

Curled up in his chest, you nuzzled into him whilst lying somewhat uncomfortably on his arms. You could tell from his breathing that he was awake, but maybe you could steal just a few more moments with him if you pretended to be asleep.