Chapter 7 - Dear future husband

Your jaw went slack as your eyes travelled up the tall body in front of you. Eyes widened to the size of dinner plates, you couldn't stop your brain from short-circuiting and a few incomprehensible noises to leave your throat.

Some size difference? Really?

You quickly realised that your definition of 'some' and Smoothie's apparently differed greatly as your eyes were still traveling up the seemingly never-ending body of your future husband.

How the fuck is that going to work?

He's what...three times my size? How are we supposed to-

WHY AM I WORRYING ABOUT THAT?

Your eyes had made their way up to his face and you felt your mouth open and close a few times, gasping for air like a fish on land as still no coherent sentences were strung in your mind.

At least now you didn't have to beat yourself up for not having a how-to-approach-your-future-husband plan anymore as any plan would have gone straight out of the window anyway.

Katakuri didn't say a word for the entire time while he watched the muscles in your face pull it into a plethora of different expressions.

You were definitely going to be the more transparent part of the relationship.

Realising that you weren't going to snap out of your overwhelmed state anytime soon, Katakuri pushed past the Homie by the door before shutting it in his face and approaching you, the soft clicks of his spurs accompanying each step.

Honestly, who wears spurs on their wedding shoes?

The maids around you quickly shuffled to the side, bowing their heads as Katakuri passed them before they quickly gathered all their supplies and rushed out of the room.

The click of the door shutting behind the last maid finally reminded your facial muscles that they could do more than just pull your features in different directions.

Blinking your eyes in record speed, you watched Katakuri approach you, only to then watch him pass you without as much as a glance and continue his way towards the couches.

Rude.

You turned around on the chair in front of the vanity as you watched Katakuri plop himself down on one of the couches, his arms folded across his chest as he stared at the wall straight ahead.

Well, at least now I know that he really is being forced into this just as much as I am.

And still you couldn't ignore the slight sting in your chest that he treated you that coldly. You didn't expect him to fall on his knees and declare his undying love to you, but not even acknowledging your existence seemed a bit much.

Or had he even seen you? Maybe he had just missed you because he was that much taller, or he had mistaken you for a maid.

You are the one in the wedding dress, stop being ridiculous.

Mentally slapping yourself for your own stupidity, you shut your eyes for a brief moment to gather your thoughts before you resumed to watching Katakuri who was still staring blankly at what seemed to be the most interesting wall in existence.