Chapter 6 - Magenta, blue and white

"That's it, Miss (Y/N), we are finished," the servant behind you sang cheerfully as she clipped the veil in your hair.

Glancing over your shoulder, you offered her a forced smile before you quickly stalked off towards the large mirror in the suite. The servants had been pampering you all day, painting nails, styling your hair, doing your makeup, congratulating you, and amidst all the hustle you had never gotten a chance to look at yourself. In fact, none of the wedding attire had been chosen by you. Big Mom, or someone she had entrusted this issue with, had already selected everything before you had even arrived on the island.

However, once you stood in front of the mirror and turned from side to side to get a look at your figure from all angles, you reluctantly had to admit that you really did look beautiful.

The dress was in a beautiful ivory white and the style complemented your figure perfectly. It extenuated all the right places, hugging your curves wherever needed to pronounce your figure, and still managed to hide whatever you were unhappy with. Your makeup was very subtle, and to your delight, you still looked like yourself, just like a fresher version of it.

The past three days had been tiring. When you weren't running from one appointment to the next, you were meeting some of your future in-laws, and the fact that everyone was giving you an attitude didn't really relax you before the big day either. Whatever magic the stylists had worked on you, however, had managed to erase any signs of stress from your face.

Your hair was pinned back in your favourite style, and the subtle glitter which had been cast over your hair even made it shimmer in a mystic glow. The wedding attire was completed by a long veil which covered your entire backside, and true to Charlotte fashion, the lace which had been delicately stitched around the edges resembled different kinds of sweets.

Your hands softly brushed over your dress as you took in your appearance and a sad smile curled your lips. The beauty of the dress almost made you forget that this entire circus was arranged to hold you captive.

"Miss (Y/N)?"

The inquisitive voice of the servant behind you stopped your train of thought. Her reflection gazed at you through the mirror, and you noticed that she was hiding something behind her back. Quirking an inquisitive eyebrow, you turned around to face her directly before tilting your head to the side in a silent request for her to elaborate. Your request was answered by a shy smile from the maid before she removed her hand from behind her back to reveal a small bouquet. Different hues of magenta greeted you, all of them beautifully arranged with little greenery in-between each individual flower.

"Katakuri-sama can be really grateful that he got such a pretty bride."

Your face transformed into a bitter grimace upon hearing the maid's words.

Pretty? Indeed.

Grateful? You doubted either of you were.

With your hands still wrapping around the ribbon laced stem of the bouquet, the grip around the flowers tightened to a point where you were suffocating the poor flowers.

"Did I...did I say something wrong?" the maid stuttered. Her hands had started nervously clutching the fabric of her dress as she picked up on your change in demeanour and the look in her eyes made you question what kind of consequences the maids faced whenever they angered a member of the family.

It's not her fault I'm here.

You glanced at her with the best fake smile you could muster before you placed one of your hands on her tense shoulder, immediately causing her to flinch.

A Taste of Forever (Katakuri x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें