𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ━━ 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐯𝐬. 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

Third person POV 

Lexie is busy eating lunch with her father and twin brother at home, one of the rare moments when they are not at S.T.A.R. Labs and so busy. Well, it was relaxing, until Eddie Thawne decided to call her. Ever since she stayed the whole night with him at the hospital, they've grown even closer. He confessed she was the niece he had always wanted. And she said he wouldn't be a terrible uncle. 

"What's up?" Lexie greets casually, her tone neutral instead of emotionless or cold. 

"Hey, I need to prove that The Flash is a danger. Nobody believes me. Not even my own girlfriend. You were right. My type in women is questionable." Eddie speaks. 

"I know I'm right. Anyway, what does this have to do with me?" Lexie questions, sipping her orange soda. 

"Iris chose The Flash over me. She complained because I want to investigate him but Captain Singh won't let me." Eddie mutters bitterly, still not over how Iris chooses The Flash over him. 

"My dude, you are a naive creature." Lexie speaks, ignoring the questioning looks she gets from her father and twin brother. "Bros before hoes. I'm the bro in this case." 

Eddie chuckles softly. "Wanna have lunch with me?" 

"I'm having lunch with my father and brother. I just finished my burger and fries. But sure. There is nothing such as too much food." Lexie accepts. 

Eddie's mood brightens up. "Good. Meet me at Big Belly Burgers." 

"Copy that." Lexie teases, using a classic police catchphrase. 

Eddie laughs amused at her comment. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

After ordering, Lexie and Eddie sit down in a booth inside Big Belly Burgers. Lexie texts Teddy and asks him to cover for her at S.T.A.R. Labs, telling him to tell everyone to not call, text, or ask her for help since she's busy spending time with Eddie Thawne. 

"Bacon crispy chicken burger?" Eddie questions, observing her choice of meal. 

Lexie gives him a pointed look. "Live it, love it, eat it. And feel it, of course. Bacon is awesome. Hey, now that we are on an uncle-niece basis, would you prefer Eddie Bear or Uncle Eds?" She starts eating her French fries. 

Eddie sighs. "Uncle Eds. It sounds like it could give me more holidays." He jokes slightly. 

Then Lexie does something unexpected that she hasn't done in her whole life, or since she was a clueless baby. She laughs amused. Her laugh is not soft or gentle, but Eddie acknowledges it as progress. They get looks from people around as they've seen Lexie around the restaurant but never seen her even smile and now she's laughing out of amusement. 

Eddie smiles softly. "You have a wonderful laugh, Niece Lex." 

"Niece Lex?" Lexie chuckles. 

Eddie shrugs. "Not many nicknames you can make from Lexie." 

"Maybe because my name already is a nickname." Lexie confesses, giving him a slight smirk before it fades away as she exhales. "My full name is actually Alexandra." 

"Alexandra." Eddie tests it out on his tongue. "I like it." He clarifies. 

Lexie purses her lips. "Well, I don't. I don't know what my father was thinking...but here we are. Alexandra. Terrible. Why would I wanna defend men? And my middle name? Destiny. It's even worse. So my destiny is to defend mankind. Horrible."